IKVM.NET and Netlogo - any experiences

  • Raynier van Egmond
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2009
      Hi All,

      I need to have ABM/System Dynamics running in a .NET web-based GIS system and wondered:

      1) if anyone has tried to use IKVM.NET to convert "netlogo.jars" into dll files for Visual Studio projects.
      2) if so which jars to convert? I guess only the netlogo.jar, which seems to be enough to run NetLogo headless, is needed?
      3) can the system dynamics module be access 'headless too?

      Look forward to your answers -

      Best regards

      Raynier
      Vashon Island (WA)
      USA
    • Seth Tisue
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009

        Raynier> 2) if so which jars to convert? I guess only the netlogo.jar,
        Raynier> which seems to be enough to run NetLogo headless, is needed?

        Some of the jars in the lib directory are needed also (in 4.0, the ASM
        jars; in 4.1, the ASM jars, the BehaviorSpace jar, the PicoContainer
        jar, and the Scala jar).

        Raynier> 3) can the system dynamics module be access 'headless too?

        Yes, system dynamics models work headless.

        --
        Seth Tisue / http://tisue.net
        lead developer, NetLogo: http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
          Hi Seth,

          Thanks for the info. I'll keep this thread up to date with my
          experiences as I go.

          Rene