import world

  • Irene Cotilla Orellana
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 3:53 AM
      Can I import-world when my model is runing? I am working with restocking of rabbits and I need to do it.

      thanks

      Irene

      Irene Cotilla
      Instituto de Investigación en Recursos Cinegéticos
      CSIC-UCLM-JCCM
      Ronda de Toledo s/n
      13005 Ciudad Real  SPAIN
      tel (34) 926295450
      fax (34) 926295451
    • BJBaker94@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 12:32 PM
        Irene
        I don't think you can import while running but if you are restocking rabbits maybe you could read from a list when certain criteria occur to resupply the rabbits needed.
        Boyce
      • Seth Tisue
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 8:24 AM

          Irene> Can I import-world when my model is runing? I am working with
          Irene> restocking of rabbits and I need to do it. thanks

          Yes, you can do import-world in the middle of a model run.

          Note that all turtle, patch, and global variables will be overwritten by
          the import. If you need to protect a certain global variable, say "x",
          from being overwritten, it's a little awkward, but you can do it:

          locals [save-x]
          set save-x x
          import-world ...
          set x save-x

          ==
          Seth Tisue / seth@... / (847) 467-2814
          lead developer, NetLogo http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/
          Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling
          School of Education and Social Policy / Department of Computer Science
          Northwestern University