embadding netlogo filter in moodle

  • darshna1204
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1 1:56 AM
      hi,
      i m trying to embed netlogo model into a course built in moodle
      framework. i have enabled netlogo filter in moodle but it is not
      working properly. i am writing the procedure that i followed here
      1. enabled netlogo filter in moodle
      2. open a netlogo model within netlogo as fire. saved it as fire.nlogo
      3. uploaded this fire.nlogo into noodle files
      4. it has been uploaded there but not in running state.
      plz can anybody suggest me how to save .nlogo file to run with
      moodle framework?
    • James Steiner
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1 8:37 AM
        Did you insert the model as link text into the moodle document? From
        what little I've read about it, that should be all you need to do.

        Searching Google for netlogo applet moodle I found the following, here:

        http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:6J3zwzMIdQ8J:www.droste-gymnasium-berlin.de/droste/UsingNetLogoFilter.pdf

        Usage (as a teacher/trainer):
        1. In a Moodle course: -> Add a resource ->compose a website
        2. Write content. At the position you want your NetLogo applet to
        appear, create a link to the (previously uploaded) *.nlogo file.
        a Write some link text
        b Select the link text.
        c Click the „chain icon "in the tool bar of the editor.
        3. In the appearing small Window choose and select your .nlogo file.
        (Change folder, if necessary.)
        4. Optionally: At the end of the link text type values for the desired
        width and height of the applet
        according to the following pattern:
        myfile.nlogowidth=700height=400 (Default values 800x600)
        5. Close the window
        Be aware of the fact, that you won't see the applet unless you leave
        the editor and save
        your document. On reopening it later for editing, you will notice the
        link rather than the applet. That
        is because the link will only be replaced temporaryly each time your
        document will be displayed

        ~~J

        On 11/1/07, darshna1204 <darshna1204@...> wrote:
        > hi,
        > i m trying to embed netlogo model into a course built in moodle
        > framework. i have enabled netlogo filter in moodle but it is not
        > working properly. i am writing the procedure that i followed here
        > 1. enabled netlogo filter in moodle
        > 2. open a netlogo model within netlogo as fire. saved it as fire.nlogo
        > 3. uploaded this fire.nlogo into noodle files
        > 4. it has been uploaded there but not in running state.
        > plz can anybody suggest me how to save .nlogo file to run with
        > moodle framework?
      • darshna a
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3 12:14 AM
          hello James
          thanx for response . ya i followed the same procedure and i m able to see the netlogo interface within my course but it is not performing its dynamic behaviour as it was in netlogo.

          On 11/1/07, darshna1204 wrote:
          > hi,
          > i m trying to embed netlogo model into a course built in moodle
          > framework. i have enabled netlogo filter in moodle but it is not
          > working properly. i am writing the procedure that i followed here
          > 1. enabled netlogo filter in moodle
          > 2. open a netlogo model within netlogo as fire. saved it as fire.nlogo
          > 3. uploaded this fire.nlogo into noodle files
          > 4. it has been uploaded there but not in running state.
          > plz can anybody suggest me how to save .nlogo file to run with
          > moodle framework?

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional