Background images

  • jimtobias07747
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002
      Hi All,

      I've got another question, or request. Is it possible to use an
      image as a background for the screen? If so, I guess the patches
      would have to be set to "transparent", which doesn't appear
      possible. But having a background image would be great. So the
      request is, please add this to the no-doubt-already-too-long list of
      requested features.

      BTW, what is LetLogo written in?

      Thanks.

      Jim
      tobias@...
    • Seth Tisue
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002

        Jim> I've got another question, or request. Is it possible to use an
        Jim> image as a background for the screen? If so, I guess the
        Jim> patches would have to be set to "transparent", which doesn't
        Jim> appear possible. But having a background image would be great.
        Jim> So the request is, please add this to the
        Jim> no-doubt-already-too-long list of requested features.

        Hmm... you mean setting the patch colors by reading the colors from an
        image file? That's often requested and we plan to add it. Or are you
        suggesting something different than that...?

        Jim> BTW, what is NetLogo written in?

        It's in Java. (In the future we may add some platform-specific native
        code in order to make it run faster, but right now, it's all Java.

        StarLogoT was written in a combination of Macintosh Common Lisp and
        PowerPC assembly.

        Seth Tisue / seth@... / (847) 467-2814
        lead developer, NetLogo http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/
        Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling
        School of Education and Social Policy / Department of Computer Science
        Northwestern University