how can i think to begin with

  • lida_ayed
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      i have aproblem with using nrtlogo i must simulate a program about
      video on demand but i do not have any idea how i can do it?
    • James Steiner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        Well, to start with, NetLogo is not the issue--you need to decide what
        it is you want to simulate. "Simulate video-on-demand" is too vaugue.

        I assume you know all about video-on-demand? if you don't--there's
        your starting point--learning about the thing you wish to simulate.

        That done, fisgure out what is is about video-on-demand you wish to
        simulate. Ordering? Delivery? Load-balancing on the backend? The
        billing system? I'm just making up things--I don't really know much
        about VoD, but you get the idea, I hope!

        Once you know what you want to simulate, then you can start thinking
        about how to simulate it. What are the "agents" (Possibilities might
        be, "customers" "nodes" "connections" "video-data-packets" "servers",
        etc.)

        It sometimes helps to think of the simulation as a game. Who are the
        players? What are the pieces they move around? What can the players do
        during a turn? Are the turns one-after-another, or do they all move at
        the same time?

        Once you have the "rules" of the game figured out, then you can start
        thinking about how to make NetLogo play that game for you.

        Hope that helps!

        ~~James
        http://www.turtlezero.com
        (JA-86)