RE: [netlogo-users] sudoku model

  • Dombi, George
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hi Matt,

      I tried your Sudoku model. It is a pretty neat assistant. Thanks for
      offering it to the NetLogo community. Just to let you know, your model
      seems to work well with NetLogo 2.1 even though it was written in a
      higher version.

      Bye for now,

      George

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
        Neat model! I am really surprised that these puzzles are so popular! I
        mean... no hidden message, no picture, and a rather limited
        intellectual challenge!! (Of course, this is sour grapes from me,
        because I have absolutely no patience for numbers-in-a-grid puzzles of
        any kind)

        ~~J

        On 10/4/05, Matt Hellige <matt@...> wrote:
        > Hi...
        >
        > Those Sudoku puzzles are pretty hot right now, but they're mostly
        > busy-work. I put together this model, and figured people might get a
        > kick out of it.
      • Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2005
          Where can I find the model?

          Neat model! I am really surprised that these puzzles are so popular! I
          mean... no hidden message, no picture, and a rather limited intellectual
          challenge!! (Of course, this is sour grapes from me, because I have
          absolutely no patience for numbers-in-a-grid puzzles of any kind)

          ~~J

          On 10/4/05, Matt Hellige <matt@...> wrote:
          > Hi...
          >
          > Those Sudoku puzzles are pretty hot right now, but they're mostly
          > busy-work. I put together this model, and figured people might get a
          > kick out of it.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Hans Sittler
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2005
            On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 16:13 -0500, Martin wrote:
            > Where can I find the model?

            Working with middle school kids, I find that the sudoku puzzle is an
            excellent tool for developing an understanding of algorithms. And
            although the solution of the puzzle is simply applying logic, some of
            the logic is not immediately obvious so the puzzles work to develop an
            understanding of how binary logic works as well.