learning netlogo

  • nuke
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
      hello everyone,

      i am begining to learn netlogo, can anyone guide me
      what should i refer to beside the manual. any easy
      tutorials or other reference books, or collection of
      works that is available for viewing.

      thank you

      Nuke

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • James Steiner
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
        Nuke,

        The model library that comes with NetLogo is a great source of
        programming examples.

        The community models section of the website is also a great resource.
        http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/models/community/

        You can try the free tutorials at Mesa State College's Advanced
        Learning Center's NetLogo Learning Lab:

        http://netlogo.modelingcomplexity.org/default.htm

        Hope this helps,
        ~~James
      • nicoli@graduate.hku.hk
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
          Hi all,

          Is there any Netlogo workshop/seminar coming this year?

          Thanks!

          best,
          nicole

          Quoting James Steiner <gregortroll@...>:

          > Nuke,
          >
          > The model library that comes with NetLogo is a great source of
          > programming examples.
          >
          > The community models section of the website is also a great resource.
          > http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/models/community/
          >
          > You can try the free tutorials at Mesa State College's Advanced
          > Learning Center's NetLogo Learning Lab:
          >
          > http://netlogo.modelingcomplexity.org/default.htm
          >
          > Hope this helps,
          > ~~James
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Michael Gizzi
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
            I am putting the final touches on the website, with registration
            information (look for it by Monday), but the Institute for Modeling
            Complexity at Mesa State College will host the Third Annual Summer
            Workshop on Agent-Based Modeling with NetLogo the week of July 18-22,
            in Grand Junction, Colorado.

            More info to come in a few days, but this is a great opportunity to
            get an intensive introduction to NetLogo and agent-based modeling.

            Michael C Gizzi
            Mesa State College

            On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 00:10:33 +0800, nicoli@...
            <nicoli@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > Is there any Netlogo workshop/seminar coming this year?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > best,
            > nicole
            >
            > Quoting James Steiner <gregortroll@...>:
            >

            > > Nuke,
            > >
            > > The model library that comes with NetLogo is a great source of
            > > programming examples.
            > >
            > > The community models section of the website is also a great resource.
            > > http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/models/community/
            > >
            > > You can try the free tutorials at Mesa State College's Advanced
            > > Learning Center's NetLogo Learning Lab:
            > >
            > > http://netlogo.modelingcomplexity.org/default.htm
            > >
            > > Hope this helps,
            > > ~~James
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • James Steiner
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
              > NetLogo Workshops

              I am fairly certain that there will be a 3rd Annual NetLogo Workshop
              presented by the folks from Mesa State College and the Grand Junction
              Advanced Learning Center. I was on staff for that event last July, it
              was a hoot, and a great learning experience for everyone. Assuming
              that there is one this year, it should be even better. If there is
              going to be one, it will be announced here.

              I'll bet that Northwestern is having another workshop this year, too.
              Hopefully, they won't be so close together this year!

              ~~James.
            • Uri Wilensky
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
                Re: [netlogo-users] learning netlogo
                At 12:10 AM +0800 3/5/05, nicoli@... wrote:
                Hi all,

                Is there any Netlogo workshop/seminar coming this year?

                Thanks!

                best,
                nicole

                Hi Nicole,

                We at the CCL will probably run another workshop this summer. We have not yet decided for sure, nor set a date. Stay tuned.

                There are several other NetLogo workshops that we know of that are offered periodically and open to all comers.  There have been good workshops in Massachusetts, Colorado, New York  and in  the Caribbean. I do not know though which are being offered this year.

                                Best,
                --

                                                 -Uri
                    Uri Wilensky
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
                  Do the gurus know whether uri wilensky is dreaming of a 3d version of
                  netlogo? It would be the answer to the maiden's prayer for us architects -
                  perhaps we have to wait for processors to be ten times
                  faster.......................?

                  Paul S Coates
                  Programme Leader MSc Architecture:Computing & Design

                  University of East London
                  School of Architecture & the Visual Arts
                  Docklands Campus
                  4-6 University Way
                  London E16 2RD
                  +44 208 223 3220
                  p.s.coates@...

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
                    RE: [netlogo-users] learning netlogo
                    Do the gurus know whether uri wilensky is dreaming of a 3d version of
                    netlogo? It would be the answer to the maiden's prayer for us architects -
                    perhaps we have to wait for processors to be ten times
                    faster.......................?

                    Paul S Coates
                    Programme Leader MSc Architecture:Computing & Design

                    University of East London
                    School of Architecture & the Visual Arts
                    Docklands Campus
                    4-6 University Way
                    London E16 2RD
                    +44 208 223 3220
                    p.s.coates@...

                    Your wish is my command Paul.
                    We are releasing a preview version of NetLogo 3-D this week.

                                    Best,