Re: [netlogo-users] Implementing the starlogo command pc-ahead in NetLogo

  • john marsh
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi Derek,
      Any chance of the code for your amaze model.
      John Marsh

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2002
        Hi John, Happy to send you my model Amaze to give you the code in context. I
        will send it to your own
        Email address in case sending models by NetLogo-
        users upsets the system. I am not very Webwise.
        Regards,
        Derek.

        Hi Derek,
        Any chance of the code for your amaze model.
        John Marsh

        > Hi Michael, The following code from my model Amaze
        > may be what you are after:
        > to-report color-ahead ;essential for the "guidance procedure"
        > report pcolor-of patch-at (2 * dx) (2 * dy)
        > end
        > This of course is for two patches ahead but it works for any number.
        > If this looks ok I will send you the complete model so that you may
        > get the context.
        > Regards
        > Derek.

      • Derek Rush
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 5, 2002
          Hi Owen, Copy of my model Amaze attached.
          I like this idea of sending to the netlogo-users
          mail list because it may be a useful source of
          code additional to the much requested tutorials.
          Amaze is one of several models on which I have
          cut my teeth but had not thought them of sufficient
          educational value to place them on the Community Site.
          Perhaps the value of this action will be enhanced
          if I briefly list the prime pieces of code in Amaze:
          setup, draws seven coaxial frames
          setup-maze, cuts gaps in the frames by frame
          number (0-1023) using decimal/binary conversion
          walk-left (-right), guides a walker through the maze
          by following the left or right wall
          to-report color-ahead, the guidance radar
          Have fun,
          Derek.
        • Derek Rush
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 9, 2002
              In a previous message I noticed a reference to a net-logo implementation of
              a model of market exchange where aggregate "demand" and "supply" curves are
              induced
              by ("emerge from") the exchange behavior of individual turtles.

              Is this model available to the general public?

              Alessandro Lomi
              School of Economics
              University of Bologna
              Italy

              Alessandro Lomi
              School of Economics - University of Bologna
              Piazza Scaravilli, 1 - 40126 Bologna, Italy.
              Tel. 39 051 209-8066 - Fax: 39 051 209-8074
              E-mail: alx@...