RE: [netlogo-users] Printed NetLogo textbook and User Manual

  • Steiner, James
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
      Well, first, thanks, Stuart for the vote of confidence!

      After Dale Reed put the sinister seed of an idea about writing a book in my
      head, I talked to some friends, and they suggested the same sort of idea as
      Stuart: A book of NetLogo case-studies, showing some problems (like those
      that have arisen on this list) and the solutions--novel or trivial--that
      seem to be best practice solutions, and some discussion as to how the
      solutions can be applied to other kinds of problems. And perhaps a style
      guide. I think Stuart takes this idea a step further when he suggests a
      deliberately cross-disipline approach.

      It sounds like a fun project.

      ~~James.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
        Sounds great to me!!! (especially the part about y'all doing it.)
        Chris Newman

        --
        -Uri

        # ### # # #
        # # # # #
        # # # #
        # # # #

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Click HereClick Here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egrou
        pweb/S=:HM/A=2019528/rand=125291097>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---
      • Christopher Newman
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
          As one who not only trained originally in law school, but also teaches
          largely using case study methods, I approve again!!!
          Chris

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
            Pretty wild James!

            Richard Vail, Boyce Baker and I just started to draft an outline and
            proposal for a text on Agent-Based Modeling with NetLogo, inherently
            cross-disciplinarily. Sounds like all interested should start bang out
            some ideas.

            Michael Gizzi
            Center for Agent-Based Modeling
            Mesa State College

          • Sabino Maggi
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
              Steiner, James wrote:

              >Well, first, thanks, Stuart for the vote of confidence!
              >
              >After Dale Reed put the sinister seed of an idea about writing a book ...
              >
              >It sounds like a fun project.

              And a great idea.

              Sabino

              Sabino Maggi ! tel: (+39) 011-3919-449
              IEN "G. Ferraris" ! fax: (+39) 011-3463-84
              Strada delle Cacce, 91 ! e-mail: maggi@...
              I-10135 Torino, Italy ! http: www.ien.it/~maggi