plot: how many values in a second?

  • punchik punchik
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012
      hi, im exporting the plotting of a simulation to a external text file.

      I would like to know which is the frequency rate in the text file?

      How many lines in my txt file is the same as one minute simulation in my simulation?

      which is the relation between the recording rate and the time of the simulation?

      thanks

      P.
    • Seth Tisue
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012

        punchik> hi, im exporting the plotting of a simulation to a external
        punchik> text file. I would like to know which is the frequency rate
        punchik> in the text file?

        punchik> How many lines in my txt file is the same as one minute
        punchik> simulation in my simulation?

        One simulated minute, or one real minute?

        punchik> which is the relation between the recording rate and the time
        punchik> of the simulation?

        There isn't any necessary relation. Any data that's there in the plot
        is there because you (or whoever wrote the model you're working with)
        put it there. How often, and/or under what conditions, data is added to
        the plot is completely programmable, so any conceivable result is
        possible.

        In a typical model, the x coordinates of the plotted values are in ticks
        of simulated time. But that's just typical, not necessary.

        --
        Seth Tisue | Northwestern University | http://tisue.net
        lead developer, NetLogo: http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/