Re: [netlogo-users] Question about clear-all

  • Zehra Kutubuddin Naseem
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hey Jim,

      I have implemented density, i would also like to implement topography but thought should get the wind done first.

      Basically from what I have decided,

      Initially the environment is brown.
      slowly trees start growing on it based on density
      The lightening strikes at a location
      when this happens, based on the wind direction, speed, rain present etc the fire spreads.

      Now i have everything until the wind direction, it works okay though, not that great and have no idea how to start with the rain or the topography :(

      On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Jim Lyons <jimlyons@...> wrote:

      On May 31, 2012, at 1:00 AM, Zehra Kutubuddin Naseem wrote:

      Hey Jim,

      Still not understanding it.  I have a poisson distribution that starts a fire at any position at the grid. I want to then move it in the direction of the wind.

      patch-at-heading-and-distance -90 1, ; it turns to the west, how do i get all the neighbors of it to ignite as well. if i put a 0 after -90 it just goes everywhere there is a green tree but when i put one, it reaches the end of the world and the last column doesnt burn out.

      Hey. What are the rules for a fire spreading? There are a number of fire models around but I am not familiar with them. What other parameters are involved besides the wind speed and direction?

      Jim

    • James Steiner