-=seedsound=- new release! magnetic assassin - cascadiacid EP (seed015)

  • Nova Christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2006
      CASCADIACID EP
      Magnetic Assassin
      seed015

      Magnetic Assassin returns with another Seedsound
      release after a slight hiatus… he’s been honing his
      production skills and turns out a two-track EP that we
      think you’ll dig. He writes:

      “Pure Sunshine” came about when my roommate, who is a
      badass West African drum player, talked about wanting
      to hear a song made from a cat purring. Thus, a sample
      of Derrick Jensen’s cat and some West African disco
      beats ended up in a track with a woman reminiscing
      about the first time she tripped with the CIA during
      their MK-Ultra experiments. For some reason, that
      struck me as the perfect vocal to go into an upbeat
      party jam.

      “Kinetics” was originally created using shareware
      programs Fastracker and Stomper back in 1996, then
      reworked with a sample from “In Yer Face” by 808 State
      (from the EX:EL album) for 2006. Big ups to Sporadik
      for rescuing the original off the hard drive at the
      Funny Farm, and to 808 State for giving permission to
      sample them.

      Free Cascadia!

      listen:

      http://seedsound.com/listen/seed015/seed015.m3u