[mt004] Doc & Lena Selyanina - An Island of Joy (In A Sea of Electronic Dreams)

  • Good Doc
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2005
      Hi everybody, this is a fresh release from Musictrade,
      an international community based netlabel focusing on
      electronic music. We release all our albums under
      Creative Commons 2.5., aiming for top quality at zero
      price.

      -----------

      Doc & Lena Selyanina
      An Island of Joy (In a Sea of Electronic Dreams)
      Musictrade release MT004
      Released: November 5, 2005
      Lame HVBR, including hi-res cover artwork.

      Three deep ambient meditations on Claude Debussy's
      'water music'.

      Track listing:

      1. Dancers in Mist 19:46
      2. Behind the Veils 17:08
      3. An Island of Joy
      (In a Sea of Electronic Dreams) 30:01

      total 66:55

      This album is the second co-operation from the Finnish
      ambient artist Doc and the Russian keyboardist Lena
      Selyanina. Where their first album Distant
      Transmissions - Ambient Reflections on Bach (MT002)
      was focusing around the idea of space - 'cosmic Bach'
      if you wish - this second album is characteristically
      a 'water album'. The theme of water is present at all
      levels: in the topics of the songs, in their tonal
      treatments and even in some sound material. The basic
      setting is still that of deep, meditative ambient, and
      as such the album should serve well as pleasant
      background music for meditations or relaxation. But
      above those slowly evolving ambient structures and the
      dark majesty of 'deep waters' there are also much
      swifter layers of music conveying the mystery,
      intimacy and sensuality associated with the element of
      water. The compositions are rich and sophisticated,
      rewarding a focused listener with a stunning variety
      of tonal structures, from virtuoso-spirited flights of
      passion to the glittering play of notes on parallel,
      alternative scales, much like the play of sunlight on
      the waves of an ocean.

      The original works of Debussy that inspired this album
      and provided its musical raw material were: Danseuses
      de Delphes (Dancers in Mist), Voiles (Behind the
      Veils) and L'isle joyeuse (An Island of Joy).

      Recommended specially for the friends of dark ambient,
      meditative ambient, neoclassical and avantgarde.

      -------

      You can download the album from here:

      http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=mt&collectionid=mt004

      Our earlier releases are also easily available from
      Internet Archive:

      http://www.archive.org/audio/collection.php?collection=mt

      Our website is here: http://www.musictrade.info/

      Enjoy,