[stadt012] Christian Quast - Alte Schule

  • scifish
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Christian Quast sets us back in time when Techno was just about to
      emerge from the dark industries of Motor City. 'Alte Schule' can be
      seen as an update of the last 10-15 years, an update with new
      methods of production, with better quality due to the immense
      digital capabilities of our age but with no change in the
      philosophy - the philosophy of Techno.

      Isn't it just too abstract to enjoy sounds that are completely non-
      organic, pressed into a fitting and mechanical structure and making
      everybody move? When thinking about it, we shall remember that these
      kind of music is no older than 50 years at the most. It was the
      german band Kraftwerk which made these sounds popular, because they
      used popsong-structures in most of their works. Today we love to
      enjoy piano music with glitches and ultrafrequent sinetones, just
      drumorientated techno and music that sounds like a complete error of
      its own (Autechre!?).

      What is this gonna lead to?

      http://www.stadtgruenlabel.net/index.php?locator=releases&id=24
      http://www.stadtgruenlabel.net