Microbio News

  • microbio records
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
      News May 2004

      1- New Release:

      Microbio 16: Lunar: ND Remixed.

      ND was originally recorded in 1999 with 2 turntables, a delay and a 1/4
      inch rell-to-rell tape. Lunar (aka Petro Lunar, Rakumin), with this
      noise-&-grain dub, has lost any contact with melodies, coming near to a
      bacterial harvest, micro organism growing in a warm tropical fruit
      punch .

      We ask this time several artists to remix this lonely piece:

      ND [original1999].mp3 17.1mb 07:29min.
      ND [FLN remix].mp3 15.1mb 06:36min. The FLN is back with this
      dislocated remix.
      ND [tropical Limitante Remix].mp3 11mb 04:49min., Tropical Limintante,
      a new Microbio artists from Tucupita. As he says "the tropic represents
      a limitation for creation being sometimes no more than pine apples,
      mellons, primary colors. Being tropical is equal to a shacking ass and
      a Piña Colada. I'm glad to be alergic to Pine Apple".
      ND [Rafael L. Garnica Remix].mp3 9.9mb 04:15min. After his first
      Microbio release we ask him to work a little more, this remix comes
      with a double dub feelling. He has never tried neither patties nor
      shrimps with curry and potatos.
      ND [Side_Body Remix].mp3 16.6mb 07:17min., Side Body, (E_Boss,
      Carroña). This is my friend Eric again; the Belgiam mecanical engineer
      used to be involved with the early Electro Body Music scene back in the
      80's in Belgium; I'm sure many people have listen to his legendary
      project which I'm not aloud to mention. This remix is a chaotic
      landscape.
      ND [The Human Isolated Bacteria Re-Rendered].mp3 18.2mb 07:57min. Thib
      re-rendered Tropical Limitante's Remix.

      <http://www.microbiorecords.net>

      2- Yopo Man South Pacific Tour.

      Yopo man will be traveling in Perú in may and in Chile in june.

      Lima: Festival Iberoamericano de Musica Electronica.

      Peru: Centro Cultural de España. May 19th. to 25th. (May 24 Yopo Man y
      Christian Galarreta( Aloarde.)
      Chile: Santiago (TBA), Valparaiso (TBA).

      ________________________
      http://www.microbiorecords.net
      microbio@...
      Merida, Venezuela.
      ________________________

      "If the audience wants perfectly played music, let them listen to
      angels. Human music should stumble along most pitifully. [The mistakes
      of the performers] will continually offer unimaginable variations"
      N. Senada
      http://www.residents.com/collab/n-senada.html

    • microbio records
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2004
        Hello all, this is our "mounthlly news letter"

        1-Release June 2004.
        2-Thanks Peru
        ------------------------------

        1- Microbio#17: PROTOV: We Were Young Pioneers EP (Medellin, Colombia)
        I meet [neuna] and low-low in Coyhaique, Chile; [neuna] was
        complaining about every dust particle that was nearing us, then I
        became clear to me that I'm not the only one complaining about
        particles and that there is more people in the region doing similar
        things. Maybe a lot of people, indeed, is doing great stuff in South
        America. No one of us is a pioneer, no one of us is really original; we
        are the mix of several cultures, but we never take the time to listen
        to our own rich environment and reality.

        "Probably the amount of sampling tape used in the making of this EP may
        cover my entire house, but is this work worth of it? It is something
        worth to make more music in a world full of nonsense and terrible
        projects that explore well known and common paths. Projects of people
        who consider themselves pioneers because of an excessive lack of
        knowledge? We are not pioneers. Besides, we'll never produce something
        new, and that's the way we are and that's the way we're going to be"
        [neuma]

        <<http://www.microbiorecords.net/>> check out the microbio series for
        download

        2-Thanks to Peru

        I just came back from Lima, Peru. I really have to thank all the
        people from Peru because they showed me a different reality and a
        different approach to electronic music. I really went impressed by the
        number of people doing EM in Peru. If you don't know, Peru has the
        higher electoronic music festival on earth (4.100 metter over sea
        level). Peru really surprice me, I got invited to the first
        Iberoamerican Electronic Music Festival "CONTACTO" in the Centro de
        Cultura Español. I have no words to thanks Juan Carlos Barandarian for
        puting together this event. Juan Carlos became a great source of
        inspiration. Also I have to thank Ricardo for the CCE in Lima, Cristian
        Galarreta head of Aloardi Records, Jose Lopez (El Lazo Invisible) for
        being a great "tourist tourman", and all the people who attended our
        concerts and conferences (yeah, we talk about the Netaudio and
        Netlabels comunities). Thanks to all the musicians who were part of
        this festival: Edgar Valcarcel, Fernando Corona "Murcof", Juan Reyes,
        Flo Meneses, Jorge Haro, Felix Lazo, El Lazo (again) Visible ;-), Jaime
        Oliver, Christian Galarreta, Jadin y Nilo Velarde.
        ________________________
        ________________________
        www.microbiorecords.net
        microbio@...
        Merida, Venezuela.
        ________________________

        "If the audience wants perfectly played music, let them listen to
        angels. Human music should stumble along most pitifully. [The mistakes
        of the performers] will continually offer unimaginable variations"
        N. Senada
        http://www.residents.com/collab/n-senada.html

      • microbio informa
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 26, 2004
          We have 3 new Releases free for download this mounth:

          Microbio#18: FLN feat. Ricardo Briceño: Live @ Martirio. (Venezuela)
          Biodata-8: [neuma]: Polar LP. (Medellin, Colombia)
          Biodata-7: Lunar: Smyle. (Venezuela)

          We are working in a fully independent site for biodata and a new
          microbio web site.

          Note: I had some problems with my email, some emails were not getting
          in, may be may anti-span is guilty ;-)

          peace
          ________________________
          www.microbiorecords.net
          microbio@...
          Merida, Venezuela.
          ________________________

          "If the audience wants perfectly played music, let them listen to
          angels. Human music should stumble along most pitifully. [The mistakes
          of the performers] will continually offer unimaginable variations"
          N. Senada
          http://www.residents.com/collab/n-senada.html
        • Microbio Info
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
            Hello, we have a new microbio Ep:

            Microbio#21, Cooptrol: Cronos EP
            3 tracks by Hernan Gonzalez aka Cooptrol, from Montevideo, Uruguay.

            http://www.microbiorecords.net

            Hernan Gonzalez makes electronic music since 1995. His main project
            Cooptrol exists since 2000. Cooptrol has played live in multiple
            electronic music venues and festivals in Montevideo and other cities
            like Buenos Aires and Bogota. He was also part of the
            Suramericaelectronica net-festival in april 2005.

            The music of Cooptrol is based in improvisation using mostly basic
            electronic sounds. It is very rhythmical and explores the limits of
            chaos and mathematical structures found in music.

            microbio records net:

            microbio netlabel: www.microbiorecords.net/microbio/
            biodata netlabel: www.biodata.microbiorecords.net/
            radio microbio por burn.fm: www.radio.microbiorecords.net/