Dark Globe

  • CrimsonMoon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2000
      just found on http://www.epitonic.com/artists/darkglobe.html
      [img]http://smilecwm.tripod.com/net/bounce.gif%5b/img]

      Dark Globe - [ Whole Nine Yards ]
      jump to the 5 Dark Globe tracks available below
      check out the Dark Globe web site.

      this music filed under:
      Breakbeat, Electronica

      Dark Globe rose to fame in the early '90s after being signed by Leftfield to their infamous
      Hard Hands imprint. Major label wranglings (which we won't go into now) prompted Dark Globe to move
      over to Mark Pember's innovative and independent label, Whole Nine Yards, where their artistic
      expression could flourish.
      Dark Globe's releases for Whole Nine Yards juxtapose hard, dark rhythms with elastic drum and
      bass lines and techno-inspired synths. "Bug On The Lens" and "Arnica" have garnered the attention of
      noteworthy contemporary artists and DJs such as Layo & Bushwacka, Rennie Pilgrem (Thursday Club
      Recordings), and Danny McMillian. Even pop star-cum-DJ Boy George declared at a recent music
      ceremony that "Arnica" was his record of the year!
      We have exclusive edits of both "Arnica" and "Hedd Up, Hedd Down" for digital download. In
      addition, Terminalhead, who has remixed on Sony sub-label INCredible and on Distinctive Breaks,
      reworks "Arnica" with tough tight breakbeats, frothing acid loops, and searing electronic chords.