RB083 - Off Land - Anniversary EP

  • lieberhank
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2010
      Off Land - Anniversary EP out now!

      Similar to my previous release, Commute, which was an exercise in revisiting a past experience, the Anniversary ep is an exercise in revisiting a moment of time. Parts of my wedding were documented with field recordings. This included pre-ceremony unpacking / chatter / music, post-ceremony celebration / music, and a hike up a mountain. This material became the album's skeleton. The guitar and French Horn were exstracted from the original field recordings.

      I decided to honor the original rural conditions for playing music at my wedding and record the release with acoustic instruments only. The result is a group of dusty organic pieces that sonically represent a mountainous hike in mist and the day's memories, as far as weather conditions will let you go. A french horn bellows and the distance on an early May day in northern New Hampshire.

      More information:
      http://www.restingbell.net/releases/rb083-anniversary-ep