netlabel cover version questions

  • four four two music
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2008
      just wondering if anyone could answer a question about releasing cover versions?

      is there any problem with making cover versions available for free netlabel downloads?  i know that if you release a cover version as a saleable release, you need to pay mechanical royalties to the songwriter/publisher - does anything exist if the cover versions will not be making any money?

      adrian

      Find a better answer, faster with the new Yahoo!7 Search. www.yahoo7.com.au/search

    • BINE - spineakle
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2008
        dear all,
        i'm not available via email til monday evening august 4th
        in urgent cases you can reach me on my mobile
        no. +49 151 2664 0747
        thank you and have a nice weekend
        bine