6575NEW: Micah SIlver / ARCHIVE: Carol Genetti

  • john kannenberg
    Mar 1, 2005

      Stasisfield continues the 2005 release season
      with another new recording and another old favorite.

      + NEW RELEASE

      SF-4002:Utopian Artifacts : Micah Silver

      New York - based composer, visual artist and curator Micah Silver
      presents a pair of pieces derived from works for other media. Scale
      is a plaintive work for synthesizer and short wave radio that debuted
      as a sound installation. Houston/Touch ("for mark rothkowitz"), a
      piece for tone generators, noise and guitar, accompanies a video that
      evokes the gritty, intense spirituality of the abstract
      expressionist's late-period works, specifically the fourteen black
      paintings in Houston's Rothko Chapel. Although both pieces were
      originally composed seperately, together they create a balanced
      whole, fifty minutes of sonic stasis that are truly in motion while
      remaining still.

      Available for download and streaming at:

      [ http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year04/sf-4002.html ]

      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

      + ARCHIVE RELEASE

      [The second installment of a new feature at Stasisfield: every month
      we will present a release from a previous year that has been taken
      offline and archived onto our series of MP3 archive CDRs, making it
      available for one month only. Our first back-online archive release
      comes from the Stasisfield : Year 01 Archive CDR. ]

      SF-1008 : Grain : Carol Genetti

      Originally commissioned for con|text, the inaugural exhibition of
      Stasifield.com's digital art gallery Stasis_Space, renowned Chicago
      experimental vocalist Carol Genetti created this haunting track of
      half-words and vocal mis-steps to express the difficulties of
      post-modern communication.

      Originally released 10.06.2002

      Available for download at:

      [ http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/archive/ ]

      + CALL FOR ENTRIES - STASIS_SPACE GALLERY

      Stage 01 of a new online exhibition, The resonant Image, is currently
      accepting submissions.

      Details:

      [ http://www.stasisfield.com/space/future ]

      As always, thanks for listening.