Re: ECONOMIC ILLITERATES IN OUR MIDST

  • afrstime@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
      Ah, Ladi Joe of Africa:

      Just for your information. The African Sun Times has never (repeat never) put any naked woman (be African or otherwise) on its front page. You must have been looking at another newspaper. On our webpage yes, we displayed those photos to go with the story.

      Yes, we have included the photos of women whose "boobs" or their upper torso were showing in news events. Actually, only two out of thousands of photos we have included in the African Sun Times are relevant: the photo from the demonstration against the Iraqi war in a Manhattan street in New York where a young lady decided to make a statement or rather a mockery of the "Shock and Awe" and tattooed that on her chest. It was a news item then, remember the prelude to the war.

      The other occasion is that of the highly acclaimed African writer and women activisit, Kola Boof from Sudan, who decided to show the beauty of the African womanhood by displaying her perfect "boobs" on the back cover of her books. Through her books, Kola has fought the continuing enslavement of Black Africans in the Sudan. I sincerely believe that Kola has every right to do whatsoever she wants with her body as an enlightened African woman, just as you have every right to cover yours. I support both your positions.

      I thought I should provide you with this information so that the African Sun Times could not be misrepresented.

      You are still my favorite, Ladi.

      Chika Onyeani