Whatever Happened to Angie Brooks Randolph

  • qtm869
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2003
      Recently I purchased Victoria Tolberts inspirational book LIFTED UP
      and in it she mentioned a few dynamic ladies in Liberian history such
      as Susannah Lewis, Matilda Newport, Madame Suakoko, Ellen Scarborough,
      Elizabeth Collins, Mary Fiske, Ethel Dunbar, Angie Brooks Randolph,
      Melinda Jackson Parker and Tetee Glapoh.

      Most of these ladies I have never heard about except ofcourse Matilda
      Newport and Angie Brooks (who made the cover of Ebony magazine in
      1970). Mrs Brooks-Randolph, Liberia's first female lawyer, was one of
      the most accomplished women of the twentieth century, yet I can find
      nothing on her after she won election as President of the UN Gen
      Assembly in 1969-70. What happened to this great lady. Is she still
      alive. According to her bio when she became President, she was a
      divorced mother of two sons, Wynston and Richard Henries. Could their
      father have been the Henries who was murdered by Doe in 1980.

      Mrs Brooks-Randolph was born in 1928 which would make her around 75
      years old if she is still living.

      Am also curious about who the other ladies were Mrs. Tolbert mentioned
      in her book, but for right now any info of whatever happened to Angie
      Brooks whould be appreciated.

      cccc