Re: Thank you MsJoe for your response 'the joe lieberman project'.

  • MsJoe21St@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hello Kunle:

      Thanks for your acknowledgment. I came on the net to retrieve a Happy New Year message and I am including yours in the goodwill messages. The whole idea is for us, Africans, to start thinking prospectively and strategically toward an endgame; not swept emotionally on issues when we can't even define what our own issue are / should be in the whole matter.

      Thanks again, Happy New Year.

      Mr. Moderator, Mayor Matto, Happy New Year to you and your family.

      MsJoe

      Subj: Thank you MsJoe for your response 'the joe lieberman project'.
      Date: 12/31/2002 12:39:42 PM Pacific Standard Time
      From:    kunle101@... (Kunle R)
      To:    Chat-AfriK@yahoogroups.com
      CC:    MsJoe21St@...

      Ms Joe,
      I thank you very much for this beautifully written
      response to 'the joe lieberman project'.  Comments
      from people like you make this 'chat-group' worth the
      pain and time spent on this group.  Once again, I
      thank you for your well thought out response.
      I thank you Mr. Moderator for another good year
      '2002'.  I hope next year 2003 will be another
      informative and enlightening year.

      Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:39:01 EST
        From: MsJoe21St@...
      Subject: The Joe Lieberman Project

      Hello, hello Africanas:

      Joe Lieberman is not electable. If the dems donkeys
      want to make him
      erectable as a standard bearer, he is easily ejectable
      as the executable GW,
      our War Whiff president, only has to say "hey,"
      and Joe Lieberman will
      say, "me, too!"

      In this case, we will not even have two different
      animals to choose from. We
      will have one real elephant and one elephant wannabe,
      two intestines from the
      same stomach. And we have this old African proverb to
      remind us that, "when
      two elephants fight, only the grass suffers."

      But whatever is being fought for, Africans with a
      commanding oligopoly on the
      academic (no practical action) have perfected the art
      of being grass, arguing
      about other peoples' fight. This email is a perfect
      example of our perfection
      of idleness.

      So what if Joe Lieberman wants or do not want a
      Palestinian State, if we have
      neither the clue, organization nor backbone to be
      players in what can and
      cannot happen, except be the grasshoppers and talking
      crickets in the process
      of describing events? How, in the name of politics,
      should Lieberman's
      position in the Middle East influence an African vote?
      The last time the Jews
      had real permanent interest in Africa was when they
      were shopping for a
      homeland and they thought about the Congo region.
      Today, does anybody have an
      inkling what the African-Jew relations should be? That
      would be more
      instructive than Lieberman's pet project.

      We have two vagabond Africans, Charles Taylor of
      Liberia and Blaise Compoare
      of Burkina Faso, doing incomprehensible things and
      causing mayhem in West
      Africa; Congo is burning; Ivory Coast may become
      comatose, and I should be
      more worried by what essentially amounts to an Arab
      world's chess game with
      the West? The Saudi government with direct hand on
      terrorism feeds its
      population, while Africa goes starving. Recently,
      Nigerian women, out of
      despair and hopelessness, had to corner
      air-conditioned oil executives, after
      surviving canoe rides, to ask for a piece of their own
      production. Which
      candidate is for Africa? And if this email is the
      sentiment of a group, this
      group should be more repentant and ought to be ashamed
      for the terrorists'
      use of defenseless Africa as bombing sites. What has
      the killing of Africans
      as collateral damage got to do with your jihad against
      Israel or America?
      Osama and Hamas believe the Koran is uplifted by such
      cowardice? Nope, I do
      think heaven and virgins await those kamikaze suicide
      bombers. If so, are the
      leaders who indoctrinate others to indiscriminately
      kill & die allergic to heaven and virgins, which are
      some of the promised rewards for being a Martyr?

      Somebody must be writing from El Dorado to think Joe
      Lieberman's Palestine
      okra/okoro soup should be swallowed with any relevant
      garri /fufu for an African digestion.

      Africa's prioritized concerns (ripple effects on
      Africa) should be centered
      on how Africa will become the new (alternative) dig in
      bottomless, aggressive
      oil exploitation if the Arab/West oil equation is
      altered by these
      synchronized and asymmetrical threats and wars. Will
      the West resort to
      toppling (covert actions and other shenanigans)
      democratically elected
      African leaderships that oppose their
      desperation?....will America and
      European Union try to play one African country against
      the other with aid,
      etc./destabilize the African Union to thwart unified,
      hence formidable
      resistance to their resource drive....? can we survive
      the socioeconomic and
      health effects of mindless environmental
      degradation...? ...how can we use
      the keen attention on Africa's resources as leverages,
      just as Saudi Arabia
      (so far), in advancing  Africa's stake in global
      geopolitics ...? how can we
      make the multi-giants (elephant or donkey Corporate
      Council on Africa) to be
      financially, socially and ethically responsible to the
      localities..? and how
      accountable are we going to be to ensure our generated
      resources go toward
      sustainable indigenous empowerment and growth...?

      Those pondered, who among the Internet writers know
      how to take these
      bargaining interests to any US hopeful in exchange of
      votes or funds?
      Whatever, I do not think history will look unkindly to
      those sections that
      explain how Africa gained from the Middle East
      scenarios and how Continental
      Africans abroad were vital in these realizations
      through mainstream
      participation.

      In this realpolitik, it goes without saying that there
      are no permanent
      external friends, just permanent African interests.
      Before you think
      realpolitik is less than humanitarian, no one can be a
      humanitarian before
      being a realist. That's having it backwards and upside
      down. Having a "monkey
      see, monkey do" mentality makes no sense even to
      pandering politicians and
      parties who expect sane and rational people to have
      bargaining interests.
      Yes, Palestine is a foreign policy issue and there are
      organized efforts --
      pro and con. But why should there be a block African
      vote for a Democrat,
      Republican or any candidate? Just to demonstrate
      Africans have a generalized
      idea on conflicts?  We know that, since European
      barbarisms.

      What I mean to tell you all is that, to borrow the
      words of Clint Eastwood,
      "frankly, my dear, I do not give a damn" about The
      Lieberman's Project. He
      can have five of such. If he tells me something about
      Africa, he can have
      six. Something like....what's in there for Africa?

      NB
      Kenya made all of us proud with a peaceful, free and
      fair elections. One more
      country! In the end, Kenyans could not be "Bwogo-ed."
      For non-Kenyans,
      "Bwogo" is translated as "scared." Kibaki, the newly
      elected president, used
      the song, "Who can Bwogo me?" as his campaign theme.
      Even the opposition
      loved it, and all Kenyans proved "Unbwogable."
      Congratulations to Uhuru
      Kenyatta, the late president's son (Jomo Kenyatta),
      who lost and accepted
      defeat. Uhuru is only 42, and can come back in 5
      years, if he is interested.
      Kibaki, 71, had lost twice in 1992 and 1997. He had
      been a vice president to
      Arap Moi, the outgoing president, who handpicked
      Kenyatta to run.

      Have a nice holiday, everybody. God/Allah/Budha bless
      you. Whatever your
      unmentioned creed, you are equally acknowledged.

      MsJoe

      In a message dated 12/30/2002 6:13:40 AM Pacific
      Standard Time,
      bronxcheer@... writes:

      > The Joe Lieberman Project
      > We support Joe Lieberman and we want him to come out
      AGAINST a
      > so-called "palestinian" state. We could use your
      help in that project.
      > First some background:    First section immediately
      below is excerpted
      > from:    "Trying Out the Perilous Leap From No. 2 to
      No. 1 December 24,
      > 2002 By ADAM NAGOURNEY WASHINGTON, Dec. 23RD 2002 -
      For more than a
      > year, Senator Joseph I. Lieberman diligently
      prepared for a campaign
      > for president that might never begin. He delivered
      11 policy speeches
      > and published them in a pamphlet. He talked
      endlessly to friends and
      > supporters and gave television interviews offering
      his views of world
      > affairs. He played host to quiet dinners and
      receptions for Democratic
      > strategists looking for a presidential campaign to
      ride, asking them
      > to be ready - just in case. Just in case came in the
      form of a text
      > message Mr. Lieberman received a week ago Sunday on
      his BlackBerry
      > pocket pager from Al Gore saying that he would not
      be running for
      > president again in 2004. Mr. Lieberman had long said
      he would not run
      > if Mr. Gore did. Now, in an instant, what had had
      the potential of
      > being a mock exercise in presidential campaign
      planning became the
      > almost certain candidacy of the man looking to
      inherit Mr.  Gore's
      > mantle, "but without the baggage," as one adviser
      put it.
      > Already, Mr.
      > Lieberman benefits from a celebrity that exceeds
      that of his
      > potential
      > competitors:    reporters and camera crews were
      lined up two-deep
      > against
      > a wall outside his Senate office the day after Mr.
      Gore
      > disclosed his decision. This genial and generally
      well-regarded
      > Democrat from Connecticut, who came within 537 votes
      of becoming vice
      > president of the United States, enjoys the goodwill
      of many members of
      > his party, including Gore supporters who took note
      of how Mr.
      > Lieberman deferred his own candidacy to await Mr.
      Gore's decision -
      > and who now welcome the idea of Mr. Gore's No. 2
      taking off on his
      > own. "The president came to Washington saying he was
      going to change
      > the tone," Mr. Lieberman said in an interview the
      other day, laying
      > out part of the foundation of his likely challenge
      to Mr. Bush. "But I
      > think this place is as partisan - more partisan -
      than it was before.
      > Though he campaigned as a moderate, seeming
      moderate, he really has
      > governed much more from the right, particularly in
      areas like
      > environment and public health care matters like stem
      cell research.
      > These are critical differences that whomever becomes
      the Democratic
      > candidate has to carry directly to the
      administration." "Had I not run
      > for vice president in 2000, I might be thinking of
      running for
      > president in 2004," Mr. Lieberman said with a laugh.
      "But my prospects
      > would have been much less plausible, in all
      honesty." "I guess I
      > should be happy that the worst thing they can say
      about you is you
      > have no enemies, but . . . " Mr. Lieberman stopped
      and shifted in his
      > chair, his hands crossed as he sat in his spartan
      seventh floor office
      > on Capitol Hill. "Of course I do have enemies.
      Perhaps it's about
      > this:    I'm not a screamer. I've been raised to
      treat people with
      > respect. But the fact that I may speak softly more
      often than not
      > doesn't mean that I don't carry a big stick." Some
      Democrats said Mr.
      > Lieberman was, by temperament and philosophy because
      of his centrist
      > appeals, the ideal candidate to put up against a
      Republican president
      > who has been aggressively trying to win defectors
      from the Democratic
      > base. "The issues that he would naturally run on are
      the exactly the
      > issues that the Democrats have to be able to retake
      in order to win
      > the presidency," said Al From, the executive
      director of the
      > Democratic Leadership Council, the organization of
      moderate Democrats
      > that helped elect Bill Clinton and is likely to
      rally around a
      > Lieberman candidacy. "He will be strong with
      national security - and
      > we have to deal with our security gap. He has
      strength on values. He
      > has growth-oriented economics." Mr. Lieberman, who
      is 60 years old,
      > disputed that the party nomination inevitably goes
      to the candidate on
      > the left of the field, pointing to the success of
      Mr. Clinton in 1992.
      > He argued that the party needed to rethink what its
      candidates stand
      > for - starting off by taking clear and firm stands
      on the issues of
      > national security and foreign affairs. "I think the
      party is open to a
      > different kind of Democrat," he said. Mr. Lieberman
      said that while he
      > "may be more conservative, more pro-defense, more
      pro-security than a
      > lot of Democrats are," for the most part, he was "in
      tune with the
      > mainstream of my party." Mr. Lieberman sponsored the
      Homeland Security
      > Act, and was at Mr. Bush's side last fall as he
      pushed through a
      > Congressional resolution authorizing the use of
      force in Iraq. Mr.
      > Lieberman would be the first Jewish major-party
      nominee for president.
      > It is a distinction that does not appear to worry
      him. He said his
      > experience of 2000 convinced him that it might not
      be the handicap
      > that some Democrats feared. He said he had not
      encountered a single
      > instance of anti-Semitism while campaigning in 2000.
      "I'm not getting
      > back into whether we won or not, but the fact is
      that Al and I got
      > more votes than any ticket in the history of any
      party except Reagan
      > in '84," he said. "At least from those numbers, it's
      clear it didn't
      > hurt." In the interview, Mr. Lieberman paused
      momentarily when asked
      > whether there would be a Christmas tree in a
      Lieberman White House. "I
      > think, because the White House is a national home,
      it certainly
      > would,' he said. "It's a symbol." Other Democrats
      suggested that the
      > very fact that Mr. Lieberman is devoutly religious
      could turn into a
      > political plus and prove the most distinctive
      element of a Lieberman
      > candidacy. "Part of our problems as Democrats is
      we've allowed the
      > Republicans to capture the values debate, because
      we're nervous about
      > talking about faith as a source of values," Mr.
      Lieberman said."

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com