Re: [NeroWolfe] Nero Wolfe - new author

  • a@avenarius.sk
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 17, 2006
      On Monday, 17th April 2006 at 09:50:26 (GMT EDT), jrlevine1@... wrote:

      > Bob Goldsborough was the continuator of the series.  The best of them were
      > a B- or C+ mystery.  The worst of them were a solid F.  Don't bother.

      And how does the Werowance of the Wolfe Pack assess the Glenn Dixon stories?

      http://www.beaglewriter.com/dixon

      Is it worth it for us to download and read them? Are they actually as good
      as is sometimes claimed, and would they perhaps merit their own publication
      in book form? (The Rex Stout Estate would have to approve that first, naturally.)

      --
      Yours,
      Alex.

      [processed by "The Bat!", Version 3.65.01]
    • Geoff Cox
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 17, 2006
        I think they were pretty good.

        Golden Spiders was one of them, and that was used for one of the early A&E
        NW movies.

        Cheers,
        Geoff.

        Geoff Cox
        Geoff@...

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 17, 2006
          No, no no no! Golden Spiders is by Rex Stout. All of the A&E episodes
          were based on Stout books.

        • leso325@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 17, 2006
            Golden Spiders was written by Rex Stout.

            Lesile

          • jrlevine1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 17, 2006
              In a message dated 4/17/2006 8:03:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Geoff@... writes:

              Golden Spiders was one of them, and that was used for one of the early A&E
              NW movies.

              Golden Spiders was NOT written by Goldsborougfh.  It was oration by Mr. Stout. The goldborough books were not even close to this quality.

              Jonathan
            • Geoff Cox
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 19, 2006

                Thanks for the correction! That’s the last time I’ll rely on memory alone. What the heck was I thinking of? J

                Cheers,

                            Geoff.

                Geoff Cox

                Geoff@...