Re: [NeroWolfe] GTKY

  • entwold@att.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 24, 2005
      Flum wrote:

      > GETTING TO KNOW YOU:
      >
      > 1. YOUR NAME? Nero Wolfe
      >
      > 2. RELATIONSHIP STATUS? Your employer
      >
      > 3. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

      > None. ...

      ROFLMAO!!! Perfect! I do believe you are channelling the man himself, Flum. Most satisfactory.

      --
      Lovin' Babe! aka Jessie
      O! Give Wolfe a home, so he won't have to roam
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2005
        LMBO Gosh this was priceless.  Thanks for the laugh at 4am David.

        Hunter

        &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

        GETTING TO KNOW YOU:

        1.  YOUR NAME?  Nero Wolfe

        2.  RELATIONSHIP STATUS?  Your employer

        3.  WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

            None.  I would be engaged that edifying activity except for
            finding this puerile questionnaire on my desk.  It appears that
            my trusted and well-paid employee either has far too much time
            on his hands or that he has somehow mistaken me for a pre-
            pubescent ninny. I am returning to my book, the title of which
            can be seen at a glance from his nearby desk.  A glance is all
            he will have time for, given that I shall expect the accounts and
            germination records to be current before he leaves tonight to
            attend the boxing match he has so eagerly anticipated.
      • fredewardus
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2005
          Adding a bit here about GTK Archie .
          In reading again Black Orchids / Cordially Invited To Meet Death .
          I enjoyed this exchange , Wolfe is speaking :
          " Yet I am not without dignity . Ask Fritz my cook . Ask Theodore ,
          my gardner . Ask you my-"
          " Right hand "
          " No "
          " Prime minister ."
          " No "
          " Pal "
          " No! "
          " Accomplice , flunkey , Secretary of War , hireling , comrade. . . "

          He was on his way out to the elevator .

          Earlier in the Black Orchids story Wolfe had made the statement that
          Archie was the only one that could get under his skin .

          Fred ( not Durkin )
        • Lovin' Babe!
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2005
            fredewardus wrote:

            > Adding a bit here about GTK Archie .
            > In reading again Black Orchids / Cordially Invited To Meet Death .
            > I enjoyed this exchange , Wolfe is speaking :
            > " Yet I am not without dignity . Ask Fritz my cook . Ask Theodore ,
            > my gardner . Ask you my-"
            > " Right hand "
            > " No "
            > " Prime minister ."
            > " No "
            > " Pal "
            > " No! "
            > " Accomplice , flunkey , Secretary of War , hireling , comrade. . . "

            One of my favorite passages! Archie seems to revel in
            undefined relationships. Lily points the ambiguity of her
            relationship with Archie in A Family Affair as well.

            Truth is, I think Archie is all of those things to Wolfe --
            along with a touch of heir apparent.

            --
            Lovin' Babe! aka Jessie
            O! Give Wolfe a home, so he won't have to roam...

            Bain's Mystery Books
            http://bainsmysterybooks.vstorefiction.com/
          • fredewardus
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 26, 2005
              > Bain's Mystery Books
              > http://bainsmysterybooks.vstorefiction.com/

              I tried to get this by clicking on it , by typing it in my browser ,
              by punching in the name with google and I could not come up with a
              web page or on line catalog . "Does they has" a web page , and if so
              Would you be able to help me find it ?

              Best Regards ,
              Fred
            • David McClelland
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 26, 2005
                --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "fredewardus" <fredeward@e...>
                wrote:

                > > Bain's Mystery Books
                > > http://bainsmysterybooks.vstorefiction.com/
                >
                > I tried to get this by clicking on it , by typing it in my
                browser ,
                > by punching in the name with google and I could not come up with a
                > web page or on line catalog . "Does they has" a web page , and if
                so
                > Would you be able to help me find it ?
                >
                > Best Regards ,
                > Fred

                Dear Fred -

                This link works:

                http://www.softcom.net/users/achurch/BRIAN888.htm

                Best regards-
                Flum
              • Lovin' Babe!
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 26, 2005
                  David McClelland wrote:

                  > This link works:
                  >
                  > http://www.softcom.net/users/achurch/BRIAN888.htm

                  Hoo boy! Wait 'til I give Brian a piece of my mind.
                  Getting me to stump for him and then changing his URL.
                  Da noive!

                  Zet! If you're listening, I'm coming to get you. And I'm
                  bringing a hand puppet, too!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 27, 2005
                    --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "David McClelland"
                    <chatnoir210@h...> wrote:

                    > Dear Fred -
                    >
                    > This link works:
                    >
                    > http://www.softcom.net/users/achurch/BRIAN888.htm
                    >
                    > Best regards-
                    > Flum

                    Ahh Yes ! It does ! Thank you very much !

                    Fred