Re: Looking for 2 episodes of the 81 series....

  • laughingman008
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
      No problem.
      Always my pleasure to help out a fellow Nero Wolfe fan.
      Anytime ya wanna see the 81 series, just e-mail me.
      LaughingMan008@...

      I just want to let you know though, that its a COMPLETELY different
      take on Nero Wolfe. I only know that I like it. I don't know what
      you'll think.

      I found somebody who has the 2 episodes Im looking for, and when this
      is all done, I MAY be able to get them all put on DVD. Ill let you
      all know how that works out. I still suspect that 1 or 2 people here
      like that show but are afraid to admit it. ;)

      And by the way, the A&E season 2 set is FANTASTIC.

      --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, Robert Cartwright <mrcart@y...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks, but I think I'll wait until I get the second season of the
      A & E series. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

      > Bob
    • L. S.
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2004

        laughingman008 <LaughingMan008@...> wrote:

        I found somebody who has the 2 episodes Im looking for, and when this
        is all done, I MAY be able to get them all put on DVD. Ill let you
        all know how that works out. I still suspect that 1 or 2 people here
        like that show but are afraid to admit it. ;)

        Hey...I'm not afraid to admit it. I loved the series; it was the first time I got to see my hero on the big screen ... or should I say "big hero on the screen"....hehehe...

        Anywho, I appreciate your generous offer, and would be very interested in aquiring the series. Expect an email from me in the near future.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Robert Cartwright
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2004
          Thanks.  If you are successful in putting an episode or two on dvd, let me know.  I'll gladly help with the cost and pay for the shipping.  I have no problem with the "different take" on Wolfe.  This isn't religion or patriotism.

          Bob

          wrote:
          > Thanks, but I think I'll wait until I get the second season of the
          A & E series.  I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

          > Bob

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • laughingman008
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2004
            Heh.
            Yeah, I know. Some of the things Ive heard/read Nero Wolfe fans say
            about the 81 series leads me to believe that not EVERYBODY knows this
            isn't an established religion.
            LOL!
            And if I manage to make some good DVDs, its not gonna be just a
            couple of episodes. When I do something, I do it right. All 14
            episodes! A bonus too, if I can find one.
            OOOO! Maybe the Thayer movie.....

            wrote:
            > Thanks. If you are successful in putting an episode or two on dvd,
            let me know. I'll gladly help with the cost and pay for the
            shipping. I have no problem with the "different take" on Wolfe.
            This isn't religion or patriotism.

            > Bob
          • bob byrd
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2004
              egad, I hope I haven't made a religion out of it.  ^_^  My chief complaint with the Conrad series is that it wasn't faithful to the books....that, and it was like watching "Cannon and the Orchids"  or "Fat Mannix gets a Sidekick"  <g>   seriously, for those who enjoy the Conrad series, I'm happy for you;  indeed, I'm jealous of you--you get more Wolfe for your buck than I do.

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/AnIolB/TM

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/