Re: Deep Discount Has 'Em

  • oneandonlypeephole
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      According to DeepDiscountDVD, in both phone and email exchanges, it is the same 5-disc Nero Wolfe Season Two DVD set that
      A&E is offering.

      There has been considerable confusion because, unfortunately, DeepDiscount's Order Site doesn't specify the number of discs and
      there is a discrepancy between the running time in their description (780 minutes) and A&E's (900+ minutes). Their customer
      service reps told me that the running time figure on their site is only for the episodes and does not take account of the "Bonus
      Feature," although it is in fact included in the set they are offering for substantially less than A&E -- factoring in the shipping, $26 less
      before June 29th; $46 less after June 29th.

      I imagine DeepDiscountDVD has been having every bit as much fun as we have dealing with A&E on the Nero Wolfe DVDs -- the
      botched Season One, which had to be redone and exchanged for customers; and the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't "Bonus Material"
      for Season Two, with a $20 increase (after June 29th) over the price originally announced.

      I assume what the customer reps told me is true -- that their Nero Wolfe Season Two will include exactly the same material as
      A&E's -- but there's always the fail-safe that pre-orders can be cancelled up until a couple of days before the shipping date. It's not
      even clear that A&E knows exactly what will be on those DVDs. :-)

      cs@...

      800-264-5076

      --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "owlcroft" <walkers@o...> wrote:
      > Just checked and they're offering Season Two (780 minutes) for $59.95.
      > Search for "nero wolfe" and both seasons pop right up.
    • paige_everhart
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        Right you are, Peep. DDD, like most sellers, frequently is careless
        on the details they post (B&W movies listed as color, captioned
        materials listed as no-CC or vice versa, running times way off). But
        they are almost my sole supplier of DVDs and I've never had any
        problems with their service.

        Even in the worst-case scenario (season 1 DVD set), they provided
        postage-paid return labels for customers to exchange or return the
        sets. So it would be hard to go wrong ordering from them.

        --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, oneandonlypeephole <no_reply@y...>