Re: Next book?

  • hyechaps
    Message 1 of 2572 , Oct 5, 2000
      And Be a Villain has always been one of my
      favorites. It would be ideal for TV--such a period piece
      with the radio show. It can stand on its own without
      the Zeck connection.<br><br>I am now reading Murder
      By the Book--also would be great for TV. Archie
      hosting a dinner party for a bunch of secretaries,
      getting them drunk so they will give him clues.
    • textechwriter
      Message 2572 of 2572 , Mar 10, 2002
        I can't get with Fer-de-Lance. Finishing the last few chapters seemed
        like work when I re-read it a couple of months ago. Maybe it's
        because Wolfe and Archie are brand-new in FdL. From there they evolve
        quickly, and by the time Too Many Cooks rolls out they've become the
        familiar characters who compel page-turning.

        Others on my list of least-favorites are Disguise for Murder and Help
        Wanted, Male. Heck, listing the bottom-dwellers hurts my head even
        more than picking three or four favorites does.