Drabble from Mississippi

  • briarpatch_39272
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
      Night Sounds on the Farm

      by: Briarpatch (aka Charlene)

      The sound disturbed him. Not that rain on a tin roof is particularly
      unusual on a winter's night in Mississippi. Nevertheless, he arose to
      check on the chicken house, just in case.

      Donning his overalls over his union suit, he stepped into his boots
      beside the door and pulled on his rain slicker as he walked.

      The light had burned out again. Drat, that temperature dropped
      suddenly and Mr. Edison's invention proved to be still fragile even in
      modern days. He pulled open the door, flashed his light inside, and
      there was Mr. Raccoon, with egg on his hands! Caught!
    • Lovin' Babe!
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
        briarpatch_39272 wrote:

        > Night Sounds on the Farm

        Brava! Of course, I now realize that I failed to mention in my
        challenge that the drabble should be Wolfean in nature. Ah, well. I'm
        going to pretend that this Nocturnal Coop Checker is one of Wolfe's food
        suppliers. This had better not interfere with this year's shipment of
        blueberry-gorged chickens (or was it poultry?).

        --
        Lovin' Babe! aka Jessie
        O! Give Wolfe a home, so he won't have to roam...
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
          Well, I suppose he could be a poultry supplier. No, you didn't
          mention about the drabble needing to be Wolfean in nature. And as
          usual I write what I know. I spent no more than 10 minutes on that
          ditty. Sorry, no time right now for much else. Busy with hospitals
          and trying to get ready to go to Montana.
          Charlene

        • entwold@att.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
            > Well, I suppose he could be a poultry supplier. No, you didn't
            > mention about the drabble needing to be Wolfean in nature.

            Not your fault. I assumed, and u know what that makes me.

            > Busy with hospitals
            > and trying to get ready to go to Montana.
            > Charlene

            *sniff!* I wanna go! I wanna go! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Well, enough of that.
            Lookit. We have got to stop this alternate year stuff. Next year. Both of
            us. Kalispell. Right? Meantime, you keep the rest of these rowdies in line.
            They're a handful, I know, but I have faith in you. ;-D

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
              You see, I have all this experience now keeping critters in line,
              including a headstrong jersey cow and a skittish donkey. I guess that
              prepares me for wrestling these wild Wolfenistas into some semblance
              of order. Wait, I take that back. I don't think that is humanly
              possible. Besides who need order anyway!
              Charlene