Knock, Knock!

  • briarpatch_39272
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
      Excuse me. Where did everybody go? Are they running a Nero Wolfe
      marathon on A & E or something?
      Charlene
    • W. Peck
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
        Good morning, Charlene.
        Perhaps they're busy in the kitchen trying out Fritz's recipes.
        I don't have cable so I couldn't say what's going on at A&E; I'm not going
        to Montana so I'm not packing my luggage. So I'm occasionally here to say
        hello to you.
        aria376
        ;

        --- briarpatch_39272 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > Excuse me. Where did everybody go? Are they running a Nero Wolfe
        > marathon on A & E or something?
        > Charlene

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • briarpatch_39272
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
          Good morning Aria. I am really sorry to hear that you aren't going to
          Montana. I was hoping to get to meet you there.

          I don't have cable either, so all of the A&E talk just mostly
          bewilders me. I have not yet seen a single episode of the new Nero
          Wolfe tv shows. I guess I will see the first one in Montana.

          I am always busy in the kitchen, on a daily basis. This week we both
          got to thinking about how much we like Shrimp Remoulade, so I went
          searching on the Internet for a recipe and then combined several and
          came up with a reasonable facimile of our memories. That was good. I
          am grateful to be able to satisfy a craving by just making something
          up in my kitchen whenever I want it.

          Charlene

          --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "W. Peck" <aria376@y...> wrote:
          > Good morning, Charlene.
          > Perhaps they're busy in the kitchen trying out Fritz's recipes.
          > I don't have cable so I couldn't say what's going on at A&E; I'm not
          going
          > to Montana so I'm not packing my luggage. So I'm occasionally here
          to say
          > hello to you.
          > aria376
          > ;
          >
          > --- briarpatch_39272 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > > Excuse me. Where did everybody go? Are they running a Nero Wolfe
          > > marathon on A & E or something?
          > > Charlene

          > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Crystal Logan
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003

            Cable is not available where I live, either.  I wasn't to concerned because I don't watch very much TV.  When the Nero Wolfe series started a friend was taping them for me.  She was not interested in them (what is wrong with her), so was not very attentive.  Consequently, I have Part I of some shows and Part II of others.  During the re-runs I was able to correct most of this.  (I still only have Part I of Champagne For One.)  And sometimes she would forget to tape anyting at all.  But, finally, in the Spring, 2002 I couldn't stand it anymore and purchased a dish.  Now I don't even have Nero to watch.  Maybe I'll just get rid of the dish, it would make good target practice.  But I keep holding on in hopes of someone picking up the series.

            Crystal

             briarpatch_39272 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Excuse me.  Where did everybody go?  Are they running a Nero Wolfe
            marathon on A & E or something?
            Charlene

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Mike Nebeker
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
              Ah, but you still can get Cartoon Network. After Nero Wolfe, that's the
              next best thing.

              Mike N. - Cartoon-o-phile

              At 09:32 AM 1/30/03 -0800, Crystal Logan wrote:

              >Cable is not available where I live, either. I wasn't to concerned
              >because I don't watch very much TV. When the Nero Wolfe series started a
              >friend was taping them for me. She was not interested in them (what is
              >wrong with her), so was not very attentive. Consequently, I have Part I
              >of some shows and Part II of others. During the re-runs I was able to
              >correct most of this. (I still only have Part I of Champagne For
              >One.) And sometimes she would forget to tape anyting at all. But,
              >finally, in the Spring, 2002 I couldn't stand it anymore and purchased a
              >dish. Now I don't even have Nero to watch. Maybe I'll just get rid of
              >the dish, it would make good target practice. But I keep holding on in
              >hopes of someone picking up the series.
              >
              >Crystal
              >
              > briarpatch_39272 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >>Excuse me. Where did everybody go? Are they running a Nero Wolfe
              >>marathon on A & E or something?
              >>Charlene

              >>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
              >><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              >

              >Do you Yahoo!?
              ><http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com>Yahoo! Mail
              >Plus - Powerful. Affordable.
              ><http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com>Sign up now
              >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=241773.2861422.4212389.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1705019840:HM/A=1394044/R=0/*http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt/text/0,,HGTV_3936_5802,FF.html>17803c.jpg
              >
              >17809f.jpg

            • W. Peck
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
                As part of a more vegetable inclusive diet in recent years, I've been
                trying to have a salad with dinner more often than not. But last night
                while reading a Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald biography, I followed them to
                the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City, Canada in January 1928, "...eating
                fancy salds from the hotel's menu," and I learned that "...Zelda liked
                best...the 'Belvedere' (chicory, escarole, sliced apples, beets, and
                mayonnaise over chili sauce) and the 'Cendrillon' (lettuce, diced knob
                of celery, potato, apple, asparagus tips, and vinaigrette)." I'll have
                to rethink tonight's menu....
                aria376
                ;
                --- briarpatch_39272 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > Good morning Aria. I am really sorry to hear that you aren't going to
                > Montana. I was hoping to get to meet you there.
                >
                > I don't have cable either, so all of the A&E talk just mostly
                > bewilders me. I have not yet seen a single episode of the new Nero
                > Wolfe tv shows. I guess I will see the first one in Montana.
                >
                > I am always busy in the kitchen, on a daily basis. This week we both
                > got to thinking about how much we like Shrimp Remoulade, so I went
                > searching on the Internet for a recipe and then combined several and
                > came up with a reasonable facimile of our memories. That was good. I
                > am grateful to be able to satisfy a craving by just making something
                > up in my kitchen whenever I want it.
                >
                > Charlene
                >

                > --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "W. Peck" <aria376@y...> wrote:
                > > Good morning, Charlene.
                > > Perhaps they're busy in the kitchen trying out Fritz's recipes.
                > > I don't have cable so I couldn't say what's going on at A&E; I'm not
                > going
                > > to Montana so I'm not packing my luggage. So I'm occasionally here
                > to say
                > > hello to you.
                > > aria376
                > > ;
                > >
                > > --- briarpatch_39272 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > > > Excuse me. Where did everybody go? Are they running a Nero Wolfe
                > > > marathon on A & E or something?
                > > > Charlene

                > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Lovin' Babe!
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
                  briarpatch_39272 wrote:

                  > Excuse me. Where did everybody go? Are they running a Nero Wolfe
                  > marathon on A & E or something?
                  > Charlene

                  Dirty rassafraxin' computer. Back up and running now. Love
                  what you've done with the pot-bellied pigs. So many
                  possibilities, so few chapters. Ah well.

                  --
                  Lovin' Babe! aka Jessie
                  O! Give Wolfe a home, so he won't have to roam...