Bain's Mystery Bookstore

  • nerophiliac
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
      Today, our resident mystery author, Zetrower (Brian Bain) will launch
      his newest adventure.

      Zet will open -

      Bain's Mystery Bookstore
      3379 Arden Way
      Sacramento, California

      Hours are 11 AM - 7 PM, 7 days a week.

      The store will have sections featuring used Golden Age, vintage,
      contemporary, and children's mysteries, suspense, and true crime.
      There will be nearly new books sold at substantial discount, and
      brand new Dr. Stanley Highstreet mysteries.

      Please join me in wishing Brian all the best, and plan to stop in
      for a great browsing experience if you're in the neighborhood.
    • David McClelland
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
        Let me second that, Brian - all the best on your exciting new
        enterprise, buddy!

        When you're ready to ship orders, why not post your available Stout
        titles here from time to time for members who are looking to complete
        their collections? (Susan, Marilee and I would ask
        only a modest kickback on each sale) :-)

        With October here, I was going to call you our own official Wolfe
        Bain, but I couldn't bring myself to do it....
      • GothicCollinwood@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002

          Good Luck Brian.

          Nightwolf

           nerophiliac wrote:

          Today, our resident mystery author, Zetrower (Brian Bain) will launch
          his newest adventure.

          Zet will open -

          Bain's Mystery Bookstore
          3379 Arden Way
          Sacramento, California

          Hours are 11 AM - 7 PM, 7 days a week.

          The store will have sections featuring used Golden Age, vintage,
          contemporary, and children's mysteries, suspense, and true crime.
          There will be nearly new books sold at substantial discount, and
          brand new Dr. Stanley Highstreet mysteries.

          Please join me in wishing Brian all the best, and plan to stop in
          for a great browsing experience if you're in the neighborhood.

          4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/AnIolB/TM

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Lovin' Babe!
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
            nerophiliac wrote:

            > Please join me in wishing Brian all the best, and plan to stop in
            > for a great browsing experience if you're in the neighborhood.

            Merde! Break a leg! Knock 'em dead, Zet! And here's
            hoping there's such a long line at that Krispy Kreme that
            family groups leave behind a representative and come browse
            and buy in your place while they wait.

            --
            Lovin' Babe! aka Jessie
            O! Give Wolfe a home, so he won't have to roam...
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
              --- In nerowolfe@y..., "Lovin' Babe!" <entwold@a...> wrote:
              > nerophiliac wrote:
              > >
              > > Please join me in wishing Brian all the best, and plan to stop in
              > > for a great browsing experience if you're in the neighborhood.
              >
              > Merde! Break a leg! Knock 'em dead, Zet! And here's
              > hoping there's such a long line at that Krispy Kreme that
              > family groups leave behind a representative and come browse
              > and buy in your place while they wait.
              ************
              Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and support. I just got home
              from my first day as a bookstore owner. We had a record-setting
              wind "storm" and it knocked out the power in our area for several
              hours, but I wasn't turning away customers in any case. A small
              beginning, but "Rome wasn't built..."(you know the rest) Thanks
              again, Wolfenistas. BTW, in honor of this group, I wore
              my "Wolfenista Meet 2001" T-shirt for the first day.
            • Tim Collins
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2002
                I just got home from a stop at the bookstore, very nice shop, a must
                stop if you're in the Sacramento area. I meet Brian (of course, he
                owns the place after all) and Susan (I hope that's right, I'm awful
                with names), one of the group's founders. Both were kind enough not
                to mention my obvious similarity to Mr. Wolfe. Thanks. :-)

                Tim C.

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
                  --- In nerowolfe@y..., "Tim Collins" <tumbleweed1025@p...> wrote:
                  > I just got home from a stop at the bookstore, very nice shop, a
                  must
                  > stop if you're in the Sacramento area. I meet Brian (of course, he
                  > owns the place after all) and Susan (I hope that's right, I'm awful
                  > with names), one of the group's founders. Both were kind enough
                  not
                  > to mention my obvious similarity to Mr. Wolfe. Thanks. :-)
                  >
                  > Tim C.

                  I must say, it's a wonderful book shop, and Brian is extremely
                  knowledgeable about all aspects of the mystery genre.
                  I was thrilled to see the huge selection of Nero Wolfe books. And, I
                  was not only amused, but gratified to see Robert Goldsborough's books
                  housed separately - across the room. Good show, Zet!

                  Tim, it was so nice to meet you. I envy you the experience of
                  savoring Fer-de-Lance and The Rubber Band for the first time, you
                  lucky dog. Please try to join us at chat. We'd love to hear your
                  comments.

                  -Susan