Re: A Small Diversion

  • flummery210
    Message 1 of 2572 , Oct 2, 2001
      I think everyone's had a chance to work out
      Lovinbabe's collection of gems - here are (I hope) the
      Inamorata Tenders Microbial Doom - Cordially Invited to
      Meet Death<br><br>Father Denies Liability - Fer de
      Lance<br><br>Incognito Trick: Blackguard Finessed - In the Best
      Families<br><br>Peeved Actress Laces Cuisine - Poison a la
      Carte<br><br>Twisted Literary Opus Flaunts Murder - The League of
      Frightened Men<br><br>Truth Strips Communist - The Second
      Confession<br><br>Thank you for playing our game - and now, here's Fritz
      with some lovely parting gifts....
    • textechwriter
      Message 2572 of 2572 , Mar 10, 2002
        I can't get with Fer-de-Lance. Finishing the last few chapters seemed
        like work when I re-read it a couple of months ago. Maybe it's
        because Wolfe and Archie are brand-new in FdL. From there they evolve
        quickly, and by the time Too Many Cooks rolls out they've become the
        familiar characters who compel page-turning.

        Others on my list of least-favorites are Disguise for Murder and Help
        Wanted, Male. Heck, listing the bottom-dwellers hurts my head even
        more than picking three or four favorites does.