Re: Fer de Lance

  • oldporchdog
    Message 1 of 2572 , Aug 1, 2001
      How much did Stout weigh? I read a post somewhere
      that he was a rather slim man so he might think a
      sixth or seventh of a ton is huge. That's 333.33 and
      285.71 respectively. That is pretty hefty for someone an
      inch or 2 under 6 feet.<br><br> Archie mentions his
      middle mound(belly) quite a bit so he probably did have
      quite a beerbelly. But he also says that he moves
      swiftly and with grace when he has to, so he couldn't be
      hugely fat. We've all seen people that plod along,
      barely able to move. Wolfe doesn't like to move, but he
      can.<br><br>I guess my point is he's fat but he's wiry.# ; )
    • textechwriter
      Message 2572 of 2572 , Mar 10, 2002
        I can't get with Fer-de-Lance. Finishing the last few chapters seemed
        like work when I re-read it a couple of months ago. Maybe it's
        because Wolfe and Archie are brand-new in FdL. From there they evolve
        quickly, and by the time Too Many Cooks rolls out they've become the
        familiar characters who compel page-turning.

        Others on my list of least-favorites are Disguise for Murder and Help
        Wanted, Male. Heck, listing the bottom-dwellers hurts my head even
        more than picking three or four favorites does.