April 1st Deliberation Frame

  • bevgarden
    Message 1 of 2572 , Apr 1, 2000
      times, it was the worst of times, it was indeed April
      1948. The matter of "And Be a Villain" had just been
      concluded. Those two calls from Zeck [Blue for Murderer],
      had been quite disturbing. And now for the first time
      the actual location of the Brownstone was to become a
      matter of intense concern. Neither Wolfe [Cyan] nor
      Archie [Green] were in possession of all of the facts.
      Cramer [Purple] might show up but he would surely be
      even more in the dark. Fritz [Pink] could only serve
      as a white pawn in a very obscure game.<br><br>None
      of them knew that three new uniquely empowered
      operatives had entered the fray. The first was a roving Time
      Lord, who was the fourth (at least to this era)
      generation of Dr. Who [Red]. He had been drawn along with
      his companion Sarah Ferguson [Script Red] by a
      concern for concealment of the actual location of the
      Brownstone. It would be his task to engage a time warp
      displacement capable of displaying the building simultaneously
      at 909, 918 and 922 West 35th Street, while in
      actuality it would be located securely elsewhere,
      accessible only via sonic screwdriver in emergencies. The
      true sophistication of these details could not be
      fully appreciated by the inhabitants of the
      Brownstone.<br><br>All this was required because The Master [Blue] had
      engaged Zeck [Script Blue], who was a "B" to his "A", to
      secure rare and incredibly valuable stolen artifacts for
      some nefarious purpose.<br><br>Unknown to all at the
      time (except Dr. Who) another force for good was the
      being known as Michelle/Mike [Orange/Script Orange],
      Heesh was a computer network which had emerged into
      sentience on the moon [see Moon is a Harsh Mistress].
      Heesh's reported expiration in the future was and
      exaggeration implanted into the timeline by Dr. Who.
      temporal displacement warp which will protect the
      Brownstone; recover the stolen artifacts and keep the
      existence of Michelle/Mike secret (computers being unknown
      to contemporaries of the time). You may be
      encumbered by a monstrous elongation of the "specious
      present", as described in the sequel to "Croyd". Should
      Croyd appear he will be able to bear other "minds" in
      his person for short periods of time. Hopefully this
      capability will not be tested.<br><br>As always [Black] is
      used for other characters and [Script Black] for
      comments.
    • textechwriter
      Message 2572 of 2572 , Mar 10, 2002
        I can't get with Fer-de-Lance. Finishing the last few chapters seemed
        like work when I re-read it a couple of months ago. Maybe it's
        because Wolfe and Archie are brand-new in FdL. From there they evolve
        quickly, and by the time Too Many Cooks rolls out they've become the
        familiar characters who compel page-turning.

        Others on my list of least-favorites are Disguise for Murder and Help
        Wanted, Male. Heck, listing the bottom-dwellers hurts my head even
        more than picking three or four favorites does.