Firecrackers Now Available Online

  • faterson2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      Hello all,

      This is such great news I need to share it here. A few hours ago
      in the Nero Wolfe Facebook group, Carol Novak, the webmastress
      of the Wolfe Pack website, announced that the acclaimed fan-fiction
      Nero Wolfe novelette "Firecrackers" (1990) by Charles E. Burns is now
      available online. Quoting Carol from
      http://www.facebook.com/groups/140970269281661/permalink/556143594430991/ :

      << I've posted an "alternate prequel" on the web site. FIRECRACKERS
      was written by Charles Burns, a prolific contributor to THE GAZETTE. [...]
      Scroll down this page ( http://www.nerowolfe.org/htm/gazette/gazette.htm )
      to download the 3 parts to this great story & let us know how you like it
      compared to the new Goldsborough story, ARCHIE MEETS NERO WOLFE. >>

      Only a few months ago, I deplored that "Firecrackers" wasn't available online,
      and here it is! :-) I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

      Because I hate PDF files with a passion, I have converted this story
      to more accessible, present-day formats.

      Here is the webpage version of the story:
      http://aboq.org/charles_e_burns/Firecrackers.html

      Here is the version for the Kindle:
      https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6495512_1736831_811049?directDownload=true

      And here is the version for iPad/iPhone/Android:
      https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6495512_1736831_811165?directDownload=true

      If you find any outstanding typos, please let me know and I will correct them.
      (I have already managed to correct a few typos present in the original PDF files,
      such as "tatoo" instead of "tattoo", etc.)

      PS: On a similar note, based on feedback from (among others) this Yahoo
      Nero Wolfe discussion list, Alan Vanneman undertook a careful revision
      of all 3 of his stories collected in _Three Bullets_. (I found the volume
      to be *at least* on a par with Robert Goldsborough's prequel.) Among
      other things, Mr. Vanneman changed the first name of the millionaire's
      secretary in the first story, because so many of us found the original
      name confusing. Also, much care has been taken to eliminate all typos
      as well as formatting flaws in the original release of the threesome. That
      revision is currently in its final stages -- I'll post the download links
      here as soon as the revised text of the threesome is available. (I'm
      currently waiting for some final feedback from Alan Vanneman.)

      --
      Yours,
      Alex.

      [processed by "The Bat!", Version 5.3.8]