Re-read of corpus

  • Dorothy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2013
      I'm about 2/3 of the way through my re-read of the corpus. I'm in the middle of Homicide Trinity with Gambit queued up on my Kindle.

      I'm truly enjoying this re-read. I'm doing them in chronological order by the publication of the books. Next time I'm going to read the stories/novellas in the order they were first published in magazines, even when that means I'll be reading a novel in between novellas in the same book.

      Since I'm reading ALL the stories and novels, I'm seeing things I didn't notice before. I am seeing plots "re-cycled". I've seen words mis-used. But I'm immersed in the Wolfean universe, and it's a great place to visit.

      So far my very favorite quotation is from Over My Dead Body, Archie's description of one of the characters: "His wife, in spite of her New York clothes and her 1938 hair-do, looked like one of those colored pictures in the National Geographic entitled, "Peasant Woman of Wczibrrcy Leading a Bear to Church,""

      Dorothy
    • sondra_oneale
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2013
        lolol funny Dorothy.  Keep on enjoying your reading.

        sondra