homicide trinity

  • wayne holland
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2012
      does anyone have a hard copy of this book? I'm editing a digital copy and I'm having an issue with something in chapter 4 of the first story: Eeny Meeny Murder Mo. It's in chapter 4, near the beginning. Here is the selection I'm talking about:

      "What's this about? It's crazy! Where did you get it?"

      "I wrote it." I advanced a step and got a stronger whiff of the perfume of her morning bath—or it could have come from the folds other yellow robe, which was very informal.

      What troubles me is the word "folds" in the second sentence. Does the book actually say this? If it does, I don't get it.

      Appreciate any help. Thanks.
    • Hob Newton
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2012
        "folds of her yellow robe" according to my RS Library edition. Gotta
        love OCR, eh?

        Hobart Newton

        On 11/7/2012 2:59 PM, wayne holland wrote:
        > does anyone have a hard copy of this book? I'm editing a digital copy
        > and I'm having an issue with something in chapter 4 of the first story:
        > Eeny Meeny Murder Mo. It's in chapter 4, near the beginning. Here is the
        > selection I'm talking about:
        >
        > "What's this about? It's crazy! Where did you get it?"
        >
        > "I wrote it." I advanced a step and got a stronger whiff of the perfume
        > of her morning bath—or it could have come from the folds other yellow
        > robe, which was very informal.
        >
        > What troubles me is the word "folds" in the second sentence. Does the
        > book actually say this? If it does, I don't get it.
        >
        > Appreciate any help. Thanks.

      • CE
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2012
          could it be "the folds OF HER yellow robe?" that would make sense
          Cecilia

          does anyone have a hard copy of this book? I'm editing a digital copy and I'm having an issue with something in chapter 4 of the first story: Eeny Meeny Murder Mo.  It's in chapter 4, near the beginning. Here is the selection I'm talking about:

          "What's this about? It's crazy! Where did you get it?"

          "I wrote it." I advanced a step and got a stronger whiff of the perfume of her morning bath—or it could have come from the folds other yellow robe, which was very informal.

          What troubles me is the word "folds" in the second sentence. Does the book actually say this? If it does, I don't get it.

          Appreciate any help.  Thanks.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              nerowolfe-digest@yahoogroups.com
              nerowolfe-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Henry Fry
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2012
            I have a hard copy and it does say what your email has.
          • Henry Fry
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7, 2012
              it says folds of the yellow robe
            • John Withrow
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 7, 2012

                I have a hardcopy of that.

                Yes, it’s:

                          “could have come from the folds of her yellow robe, …”

                I’d guess the machine-scan mis-read “of her” into “other”.

                - J

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
                    thanks everyone. it is definitely "folds of her yellow robe" I'm enjoying this editing process, but I'll be glad when it's finished. Homicide Trinity is #37 on the list.