AE DVD Subtitles

  • pieffe63
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2012
      Hello!
      I want to buy the nero Wolfe AE complete series, but i can't find one important information.
      The DVD series does have the subtitles?
      I'm not a native english speaker, an sometime the speed of the dialogues is difficult to understand.
      There is anayone who can help me?
      thanks in anticipation.
      Greetings from Pisa, Italy.
    • John Cahill
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2012
        So far as I can tell, it does not.
        There is no indication on the box one way or the other.
        I put volume 5 of the second season compilation
        in the DVD player and used the subtitle button on
        the remote.  It indicated no subtitles were present.
        Sorry.

        -John-

        On 5/1/2012 5:41 AM, pieffe63 wrote:

        Hello!
        I want to buy the nero Wolfe AE complete series, but i can't find one important information.
        The DVD series does have the subtitles?
        I'm not a native english speaker, an sometime the speed of the dialogues is difficult to understand.
        There is anyone who can help me?
        thanks in anticipation.
        Greetings from Pisa, Italy.

      • a@aboq.org
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2012
          On Tuesday, 1st May 2012 at 12:09:11 (GMT -0700), John Cahill wrote:

          >> I want to buy the nero Wolfe AE complete series, but i can't find one important information.
          >> The DVD series does have the subtitles?
          >> I'm not a native english speaker, and sometime the speed
          >> of the dialogues is difficult to understand.

          > So far as I can tell, it does not.

          Has anyone tried to hook up a movie to dictation software, such as
          the one available on new iPhones and iPads? Might produce some
          interesting results. It seems fairly accurate for shorter texts. And
          the lines spoken in a movie might, after all, be described as a collection
          of shorter texts. Subtitles as such are very easy to create even on one's own,
          using the simple SRT format that you can edit even in a plain Notepad:

          16
          00:01:56,000 --> 00:02:00,000
          Archie, you're insufferable!
          Will you shut up for once.

          So it would be possible to produce subtitles as a collective volunteer effort. :-o
          The same applies to the current Italian Nero Wolfe TV series. We would
          need at least the Italian version to start with -- then, even a mangled
          Google-translated version of the Italian sentences would, I think,
          give seasoned Wolfe fans like ourselves enough to be able to enjoy
          the Italian episodes. (If, indeed, they are enjoyable.) :-)

          --
          Yours,
          Alex.

          [processed by "The Bat!", Version 4.2.44.2]