Authors besides Goldsborough

  • Henry
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 1 3:57 PM
      Has any author besides Goldsborough written any Wolfe stories?

      Thanks,

      Henry
    • Jenna Welch
      Message 57 of 57 , Sep 12 6:54 AM
        NEAT!  Thank you for retyping all that!!

        On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Bob Byrd <bbyrd8@...> wrote:

        Saucisse Minuit by Jerome Berin, Too Many Cooks and The Nero Wolfe Cookbook

        onion
        garlic
        goose fat
        brandy
        red wine
        beef broth
        thyme
        rosemary
        ginger
        nutmeg
        clove
        breadcrumbs
        bacon,
        boiled and chopped
        roast pork, coarsely chopped
        roast goose,
        coarsely chopped
        roast pheasant,
        coarsely chopped
        salt
        fresh ground
        black pepper
        pistachio nut
        pork casing (pigs intestines)

        Chop up some onions and a clove of garlic, and brown them lightly in a generous amount of goose fat.

        Pour in enough brandy to cover the onions, and twice as much good red wine as brandy, and as much strong beef broth as wine.

        Add a pinch of thyme and one of rosemary, the slightest dusting of ginger and nutmeg, and a mere threat of cloves.

        Let simmer gently for 10 minutes, and add enough sifted bread crumbs to make a soft, runny mush.

        Cook gently for 5 minutes.

        Add chopped boiled bacon, coarsely chopped roast fresh pork, twice as much coarsely cut up roast goose as pork, and as much coarsely cut up roast pheasant as goose.

        Season with salt and a generous quantity of freshly ground black pepper, add a few roasted pistachio nuts, and let simmer to the consistency of fresh sausage meat.

        Chill until extremely cold.

        Wash and scald the pigs' intestines thoroughly.

        Fill with the cold stuffing, tying at intervals to form sausages.

        Broil on a slow fire, having pricked the skins to prevent bursting.

        From: Ellen rappaport <ellenrappaport@...>