Re: Casting

  • briarpatch_39272
    Message 1 of 73 , Aug 4 5:37 AM
      Yes, we all had picked out the stories we really wanted to see done by that cast. My number one pick was Too Many Cooks. I would so have loved the train scene with Archie getting Wolfe settled. We worked hard at trying to convince A&E to do another season, but there just wasn't enough profit for them. TV is about money, like most everything else in the world.

      Charlene

      --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "Frederick" <frederward@...> wrote:

      > --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, Jenna Welch <jennalwelch@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes I absolutely agree about RD Reid. I loved him as Stebbins - and also, the fellow who played Rowcliffe. They don't exactly match the characters as I see them in the books, but they portrayed the screen versions SO WELL. And yes, the "unqualified look of admiration" was a nice moment. I also love in the two episodes where someone dies in the brownstone when Archie knocks Stebbins's hat off... really, any scene with Stebbins. I'm a fan.
      >
      > Fred :
      > Oh yes , R-R-Row-c-c-cliffe , now when I read of Archie teasing him , I can just see Th-Th-This Guy :-)
      > Casting is so important , like when they had a series with Sydney Greenstreet as Wolfe . Sydney to me was never Wolfe , he was the fat crook in The Maltese Falcon . Same goes for the Sherlock Holmes stories , I never was happy with anyone as Holmes but Basel Rathbone , or with anyone as Doctor Watson except Nigel Bruce .
      > I repeat my wish that A$E had done just at least one more season of Wolfe with the cast that was in the first two years .

    • Jenna Welch
      Message 73 of 73 , Aug 19 7:47 PM
        Truly! What a stupid dictionary!

        On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Julia LaBua <jlabua@...> wrote:

        That was "Gambit," and the dictionary's sin was to assert that 'infer' and 'imply' could be used interchangeably. I'm with Wolfe on this one!

        Julia
        http://brilliantdisguise.blogspot.com

        On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Fred Ward <frederward@...> wrote:

        I remember Wolfe being annoyed at a Dictionary and tearing it up page by page and casting them into the fire , but , I forget what story that was in .

        Fred

        From: Daniel Monaco <dnlmonaco@...>
        To: nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 7:27 PM

        From: CE <cec_moss@...>
        Subject: RIP 9/11 hero
        To: nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 7:09 PM

        What I obviously should have said about Purley:

        Nothing in his life
        Became him like the leaving it.
        Macbeth Act 1, scene 4, 1–8
        Cecilia