Saul Rubinek spotting

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13 4:43 PM
      Cmon, he's of the stars of SyFy's (the renamed SciFi channel) new summer series Warehouse 13 and no one has a comment? Pilot aired last week, series begins on tuesday (7/14).
    • Noreen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13 11:43 PM
        well I did comment but not to anyone on line..... just people I know that I am into nero wolfe. I am rereading the Black mountain .... It would have been good if it made it to tv, a good switch in roles....

        --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jeoffreythecat@...> wrote:

        > Cmon, he's of the stars of SyFy's (the renamed SciFi channel) new summer series Warehouse 13 and no one has a comment? Pilot aired last week, series begins on tuesday (7/14).

      • Bob B.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14 8:19 AM
          --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jeoffreythecat@...> wrote:

          > Cmon, he's of the stars of SyFy's (the renamed SciFi channel) new summer series Warehouse 13 and no one has a comment? Pilot aired last week, series begins on tuesday (7/14).

          Saul will also be back later this year in the next installment of Jesse Stone tv movies on USA network. Tom Selleck stars in the title role. I think there have been about five movies in the series and Saul has appeared in several of them.

          I would try to watch them in order, as they first ones are excellent. Tom Selleck (who is very good in the role) took on co-script writing duties two movies ago and it was rather plodding. The last movie was based on an original script and not one of Parker's books. They're still good to watch, but they've made a mistake in moving away from Parker's original novels. The movies simply aren't as good.

          Bob
          www.solarpons.com
        • CE
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14 11:37 AM
            Color me blushing pink as I don't remember the character Saul Rublinek played, and I did watch Warehouse 13.  I know it's not Saul Panzer as I would recognize that actor.
            Warehouse 13 strikes me as an interesting premise, but there's no way one person could manage it all by himself.
            Cecilia

            well I did comment but not to anyone on line..... just people I know that I am into nero wolfe. I am rereading the Black mountain .... It would have been good if it made it to tv,  a good switch in roles....

            --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jeoffreythecat@...> wrote:

            > Cmon, he's of the stars of SyFy's (the renamed SciFi channel) new summer series Warehouse 13 and no one has a comment? Pilot aired last week, series begins on tuesday (7/14).

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:nerowolfe-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:nerowolfe-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Geoff Cox
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14 11:44 AM

              Saul Rubinek did indeed play Saul Panzer, but not always. He was Saul in the Golden Spiders. More often he played the newspaperman Lon Cohen.

              Cheers,

                   Geoff.

              Geoff Cox

              Color me blushing pink as I don't remember the character Saul Rublinek played, and I did watch Warehouse 13.  I know it's not Saul Panzer as I would recognize that actor.

              Warehouse 13 strikes me as an interesting premise, but there's no way one person could manage it all by himself.

              Cecilia

              well I did comment but not to anyone on line..... just people I know that I am into nero wolfe. I am rereading the Black mountain .... It would have been good if it made it to tv,  a good switch in roles....

              --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jeoffreythecat@...> wrote:

              > Cmon, he's of the stars of SyFy's (the renamed SciFi channel) new summer series Warehouse 13 and no one has a comment? Pilot aired last week, series begins on tuesday (7/14).

              <*&! gt; Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:nerowolfe-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:nerowolfe-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • John Cahill
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 14 12:34 PM
                At 04:43 PM 7/13/2009, you wrote:

                >Cmon, he's of the stars of SyFy's (the renamed SciFi channel) new
                >summer series Warehouse 13 and no one has a comment? Pilot aired
                >last week, series begins on tuesday (7/14).

                I would've commented -- if I could've remembered where I'd seen him before!

                Does that count?

                Cheers,

                -John-