Has anyone seen this Stout exhibit?

  • Michael McCulloh
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      From Wikepedia:
      The Rex Stout Archive [5] at Boston College represents the best collection in existence of the personal papers, literary manuscripts, and published works of Rex Stout, creator of the Nero Wolfe mysteries. Anchoring Boston College's collection of detective fiction, the Rex Stout Archive features materials donated by the Stout family — including manuscripts, correspondence, legal papers, publishing contracts, photographs and ephemera; first editions, international editions and archived reprints of Stout's books; and volumes from Stout's personal library, many of which found their way into Nero Wolfe's office.

      I will be in Boston later in the year and know where I will be heading!

      Building a website is a piece of cake.
    • scooter5203249
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
        If you are in Boston you certainly should not pass up a visit to the
        Rex Stout Archives at Burns Library at Boston College. I've made two
        visits, back in 2002 and 2003, and I only saw a small part of the
        collection. Another trip is called for at some point.

        I would recommend that you email the head librarian and let him know
        when you would like to visit and whether you have any particular
        books and/or papers you would like to see. A little planning
        makes the visit go smoother for both you and the library staff.

        The staff at the Burns Library was absolutely wonderful both times
        that I visited. I had given them a list of things I wanted to see,
        but I had some add-ons once I'd spent a few hours among the papers
        and boxes, and they did not hesitate to bring me more boxes and
        papers. On my second visit, with two other Nero Wolfe/"Nero Wolfe"
        fans, the librarian brought out a cart full of first editions for us
        to ooh and ahhh over.

        Enjoy!

        --- In nerowolfe@yahoogroups.com, Michael McCulloh