12263The Brownstone House of Nero Wo

  • Ellen rappaport
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've been reading and browsing through Ken Darby's "The Brownstone House of Nero Wolfe" and found it quite remarkable.

    First off just the amount of research done with  the appropriate referrals to Rex Stout's books  was a commitment in itself.  By page 9 the author goes into detail all the addresses listed for Nero's Brownstone. Something that never crossed my mind and would not have thought to look twice when reading it.

    The drawings of each floor including when Fritz lived on the top (roof garden) floor with Theodore and when he was moved to the basement.

    Also the main (p. 101), 2ND(p. 64) and 3rd floors(p. 65) with one drawing of Nero's office alone (p. 127).

    Chapter 10 , page 152, has the last letter Archie received from Nero, now living in Alexandria, Egypt. I'll let Nero's letter speak for itself and not comment on it.

    I took pictures with my cell phone which leaves much to be desired but I tried my best with what I had. I've also included the drawings of Nero wolfe in his office and his Brownstone which are on my wall in the living room next to the front door(please turn). The other side of the front door has my drawings of Sherlock Holmes from Hound of the Baskervilles and Sherlock's pipe dream.

    I hope you are able to view most of it. This book was so fascinating and written entirely by Archie!

    Ellen
  • Show all 3 messages in this topic