Re: [nephillypagans] To Leo

  • Leo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hiya Misty!

       I'm 36, I've been a pagan for about 10 or so years now. I walk the Dagon path , it relativly new still. I'm sure they are going to have firework, I've lived in Philly most my life and have yet to see a year with out them.. Meet ups would be cool, every other group "near by" is like a hour drive (EEK!). I think Pagans should live in the open, I think we should be more active in Debunking the "crap" that people spew about us also. I don't hide the fact Im pagan, But I don't walk into a room a go "HEY!! I'm Pagan and you better like it!!"  LOL. I enjoy good conversation and a good cup of Java! Hope to here from all of you soon!!

      BB
      Leo

      Misty <redravenhere@...> wrote:
      Nice to meet you!

            Can you tell me a little about yourself? Or is that too early to
      ask? ha ha ha, kidding. So what path do you walk? Me I'm Celtic
      however I enjoy other ways of worship too! Do you know if there are
      going to be Fireworks this year over the water for the 4th? I hope so,
      I'm a big kid when it comes to fireworks. hehehehehehe.
            So how long have you been in the Craft? Me, all my life. Growing
      up sucked but now it's good. As for it being quiet in here, look out
      cause I'm a talker. I'll be in here everyday if I can. So be warned, I
      just hope people will talk back cause me talking to myself will be a
      little spooky. Talitha was talking about maybe starting Pagan Meet
      Ups. I'm for that all the way. What about you?
            Before I go I have one last question for you, if I may. What is
      your position on Pagans living out in the open?

      P.s. You can ask me anything, just to let you know.
      Blessed Be! Lady Misty

      Perfect lovePennsylvaniaSimply
      FairlyGoddess

      "It is better to light a Candle, than to curse the Darkness"
       -Chinese Proverb

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Misty
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
        Dragon? Hmmmm, I don't think I ever heard about that? When you
        have the time can you give me a little about it? I would really like
        to hear more about it! I hope I spelled it right, if I didn't don't
        get mad at me.( Runs and ducks) hehe.
        Sometimes in NJ, when it comes to fireworks, they cancel on us if
        the weather isn't the greatest. So how was you're Midsummer? Mine
        was fun even though it didn't go as planned. We did this dish called
        Enchanted Berries, you pour brandy on top and then flame on! But we
        couldn't for the life of us get it lit. It took almost an hour until
        my one friend poured volka on it, ha ha then we couldn't get it to
        stop burning. The blue flames were lovily and well I guess that was
        the whole point to it anyway.
        I like doing things like that on Sabbats even on Esbats. I'm
        funny like that i guess. Hey if you ever want that reciepe, I'll
        gladly give it to you, maybe you'll have better luck than we did.
        I'm planning for Lammas already, I think it's one of my favorites.
        Every lammas we have a Potluck, and everyone brings something. It's
        fun to try all the different foods. This year though, I don't think
        I'm leading the ritual. I just want to sit down with a drum or
        better yet my tamerine and just play.

        BB Lady Misty
      • Talitha Dragonfly
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
          I never hide that I am Pagan, either.  Although I am not the type who comes into a room screaming my intentions, either, I have no fear about displaying Pagan-related jewelry or clothing (i.e. teeshirts with pentacles or Salem, Mass., etc.)  My truck is littered with Pagan bumper stickers.  I figure if other faiths can wear crucifixes, Stars of David, etc., "I Heart Jesus" stickers on their vehicles, well then...... so can I.  I am a tax paying, law abiding, society contributing, hard working, active member of my community.  Therefore I have the same rights and responsibilities as everyone else.  There is an elegant balance between knocking door to door converting people and living in shame.  I believe I have reached that stage in my life.

          Perhaps we should schedule an outing......I love coffee, too!  And since I don't think any of us has a whole heap of money to throw around, we should pick a low-key, affordable venue to meet.  Maybe a diner or something?  Anyone have a favorite place they like to go?  I'm certainly open to suggestions.

          Also.......just a thought........maybe a picnic at Pennypack Park could work.

          Blessed Be,
          Talitha Dragonfly

          Misty <redravenhere@...> wrote:
[...]

          Trouble no more about their religion;
          respect others in their view,
          and demand that they respect yours.

          Chief Tecumseh

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Talitha Dragonfly
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
            Yup.........I was one of the folks who cancelled out for Midsummer.  I couldn't help it!  Who knew that I was going to have to go to Poughkeepsie?  :-P

            Count me in for Lammas.  Any clues on who will be leading it?  If there is a potluck, I would love to make my world-famous (okay........at least it's famous among those who know me!) focaccia.  I'll be using herbs from the garden.  It's completely from scratch.  And it is GOOD.

            And maybe some Faerie Wine would also be in order.

            Blessed Be,
            Talitha Dragonfly

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005

              I personally know, and still keep in contact, with the people mentioned in the article.  THIS is the kind of Pagan community I had been active with while living in So. California.  THIS is the kind of Pagan community I wished existed here on the East Coast, and why I'm so frustrated.

              Seemingly small and insignificant people can and DO make a difference.  That is my wish for the future...........that I can make a difference.  We, as Pagans, might be in the minority.  But the Wicca/Pagan/New Age movement is the quickest growing form of spirituality in the country.  There are plenty of people of all age groups and backgrounds who are growing curious about this liberating, exciting, and spiritually fulfilling path.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could start an environment that could nurture, educate, and explore those needs?

              Blessed Be,
              Talitha Dragonfly

              Trouble no more about their religion;
              respect others in their view,