Beltaine

  • Mariann
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 3, 2005
      Planning a Beltaine Ritual in Pennypack Park on Sunday, May 1st. The
      focus on the ritual will be on Abundance.
    • Talitha Dragonfly
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
        Let's start a discussion regarding Beltaine.  I think everyone is on this group to learn from one another, and to share ideas, and experience new possible approaches of doing things.

        So my question to the group is this:  What is Beltaine?

        Blessed Be,
        Talitha Dragonfly

        God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh.

      • PJ
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
          Funny you should bring this up lol. I just got finished handing in a fantastic Healing/Strengthening Ritual that I wrote for the Friday night of the annual Beltaine event in the Jersey Pinelands...and a lot of what I'm addressing (yes, I'm HPing lol) is Community and how much we all can learn off each other. The Earth needs us...more now than ever. We have to reckon with, and strengthen our Selves, then recognize what we are as a Community, a Collection of wonderful Selves...and take that Community spirit into healing the World. Times are coming. If you don't believe me, check out the list of cataclysms that've already transpired this year, and it's only April lol.

          May the Force be with Us All...Namaste :o)

          --- In nephillypagans@yahoogroups.com, Talitha Dragonfly <philly_dragonfly@...> wrote:

          > Let's start a discussion regarding Beltaine.  I think everyone is on this group to learn from one another, and to share ideas, and experience new possible approaches of doing things.
          >
          > So my question to the group is this:  What is Beltaine?
          >
          > Blessed Be,
          > Talitha Dragonfly
          >

          > http://www.vitatouch.massagetherapy.com/
          >

          > God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh.

        • Bessy
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 21, 2010
            Beltaine to me is a time of honoring and celebrating life. It marks the end of winter and the beginning of summer. It brings back the warm rays of the sun to the earth. It is a passage into the growing season, when flowers bloom, the trees are green, the future harvest has been started and everything has come back to life.

            BB,
            Bessy

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 22, 2010
              For me, Beltaine is a time when I should be trying to figure out how to use the life-force that I was made aware of at Ostara.  It's like...........okay, I've been stirred out of inertia, and the juices have started flowing again.  Now, what am I going to do with them?  How can I use them to their fullest potential?  How can I get out there, and actually start LIVING, celebrating, connecting?

              I also like to think of things from a polarity perspective.  Beltaine traditionally has celebrated the union of Goddess and God.  How can I internalize that concept to apply to my own yin/yang nature?  How can I form a union between my own female/male, dark/light, negative/positive sides?  How can I incorporate wholeness and balance to myself?  And how can I learn to truly love myself?.....a sacred marriage, indeed.

              Blessed Be,
              Talitha Dragonfly

              God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh.

            • Emmi Vendetta
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 22, 2010
                I've been reading up on the rituals since i'm still a little new to the concept of rituals. for me, this time of year meant making sure that i was up to speed on the planting so by summer, i'd be good.  now as an herbalist/healer, it's crucial for me to get my herbs planted & my jars ready for the fall rush, & now's the time when i turn the hot oven off & focus more on the raw, cold, or barely heated proteins that do so well in this season. historically this has been the hardest part of the year to deal with since the undead are aroused & wish to speak. those who can commune with those folks, like a hedgewitch like i am, it is exhausting to hear their questions & have no idea what to do with them.

                something new for all realms of faith!
                -Emmi

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 23, 2010
                  I was going to ask what time the ritual might be and if I would be welcome, but I have a conundrum...

                  May 1st is a Saturday this year.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 23, 2010
                    >>Beltaine traditionally has celebrated the union of Goddess and God. How can I internalize that concept to apply to my own yin/yang nature?

                    Talitha, I love this whole thing. For once I can just be quiet and agree and enjoy the conversation. :D

                    That is pretty much what I would have to say about Beltane for me. To me it is about the joyful union of male and female that occurs in all of life. Mother earth and father sky, the birds, the bees, the flowers throwing pollen into the air and killing everyone's sinuses... And even within each person.

                    I like the turn of the weather now as everything has really woken up. If Ostara is the dawn of the year, then Beltane is the middle of the morning-- my favorite time of day, when the birds are singing and the sun is shining but it hasn't got all that hot yet.

                    --- In nephillypagans@yahoogroups.com, Emmi Vendetta <clandestineemmi@...> wrote:

                    > I've been reading up on the rituals since i'm still a little new to the concept of rituals. for me, this time of year meant making sure that i was up to speed on the planting so by summer, i'd be good.  now as an herbalist/healer, it's crucial for me to get my herbs planted & my jars ready for the fall rush, & now's the time when i turn the hot oven off & focus more on the raw, cold, or barely heated proteins that do so well in this season. historically this has been the hardest part of the year to deal with since the undead are aroused & wish to speak. those who can commune with those folks, like a hedgewitch like i am, it is exhausting to hear their questions & have no idea what to do with them.
                    >
                    > something new for all realms of faith!
                    > -Emmi
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • WanderingBob
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 24, 2010
                      Hey Tora, we were wondering how you came across this post because it is actually a post from 2005.

                      This year we will be doing our Beltaine festival on May 7th at 7pm. It will be at Ianna and Wanderingbob's house in the northeast.  We would love for you to come out and join us.  Just get in touch with one of us for directions.

                      WanderingBob, Anna & Ianna

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 25, 2010
                        Oops :x

                        Looks like the board (I usually look at it through yahoo groups on the web, not in my email) thought that because Talitha's post had the same name, that it was a reply to the original ... And bumped it up to the top, where I thought it was recent.

                        ^^; Unfortunately I am already spoken for on Fridays as well, so unless unforeseen circumstances arise, I won't be able to come around on the 7th.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 25, 2010
                          Sorry to hear that you will not be able to make it.  Hope that you will eventually be able to make it out to one of our events.  You have done great at contributing on the board.

                          WanderingBob

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 26, 2010
                            I want to come visit badly, it's just a conflict of schedules. I don't have much time in between work and school. At least, the time I do have, are odd times when everyone else has something to do. My one good day, ironically Friday night, is already booked with very good friends which I wouldn't miss for the world.

                            But I do love talking to everyone on here, too, so I'll continue typing insurmountable walls of text as long as you let me. *grin*