Re: New Year greetings and blessings from the UK :-)

  • George Knowles
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hail-Ho Guy's.

      Merry we meet,

      New Year greetings and blessing from the UK :-) Newbie here, well maybe
      not so much a 'newbie', more that I am a new member dropping in to say hello
      and meet new friends :-) By way of introduction, here a brief profile:

      Name: George Knowles.

      Craft name: Man in Black.

      Location: Reading near London, England in the UK.

      Occupation: Corporate Security.

      ICQ Number: None.

      WebPages URL: http://www.controverscial.com

      Birth date: 24th July 1954.

      Marital Status: Single.

      Tradition or pathway: Solitary Eclectic.

      Are you a liberated Pagan, Witch etc, or are you still closeted for some
      reason? - I understand the reason some may have to remain secretive, but I
      am fortunate to be free of any restraints.

      Which Deity or Spirit you feel closest to? - My closest Deity is Bacchus -
      Lord of the Vine and the Roman god of intoxication and liberation. Bacchus
      is the Romanised aspect of the Greek god Dionysos. Images of Bacchus depict
      him as wearing a headdress of grapes and vine leaves. He is typically
      portrayed as bearded and rustic in nature. From this can be seen the Green
      Man image that influenced many of the folk customs of Europe. Bacchus is
      the spirit of the grapevine and is connected to wine and intoxication. In
      mystery traditions many believed that intoxication came not from the wine
      itself, but from the spirit of the plant or it's divine essence. Bacchus
      therefore represents the ecstasy of the spirit when one is freed or
      liberated from the constraints of formal society. I taste his essence each
      day and give thanks, "as well as falling over", hic! - Oooop's, hehehe.

      What are your favourite hobbies/things to do? - Much of my time these days
      is taken up with writing about witchcraft and authoring to my website.

      Favourite music? - I'm an ex-military musician and therefore I enjoy most
      all kinds of music including: Classical, Trad - Jazz, Rock un Roll and
      Country, but please don't play that modern Rap-crap :-)

      Favourite Book? I have so many now it's hard to say as I have built a
      virtual library of book on Paganism, Witchcraft and the Occult. Two books
      of reference which I use daily tend to stand out these are: The
      Encyclopedia of Witchcraft and Demonology  -  By Rossell Hope Robbins, and
      The Encyclopedia of Witches & Witchcraft - By Rosemary Ellen Guiley.

      Do you keep an Altar in your home, if so what's on it? - Two silver candle
      sticks, a picture of the Goddess, a matching silver incense holder, a
      pentacle, a number of wands, a decorative atheme, a cauldron, a black ebony
      scrying mirror, a hand bell decorated with flowers, a silver salver and
      chalice, a crystal ball, a book of shadows, a tarot deck, a set of home made
      runes, a fossilised holed stone of undetermined type, a power stone again of
      undetermined type, a number of crystals and four silver goblets.

      What's your favourite colour? - Blue and Black.

      Do you have any pet peeves? - Yes - trivial, inconsistent, petty, arrogant
      and patronizing people.

      Do you believe in reincarnation, if so, what/who were you before? - I have
      mixed feelings on this subject. I don't disbelieve in it, but quite simply
      have never tried regression. Until I do I will remain open minded.

      When the time arrives what will your epitaph say? - I have been here and
      done it, but have I made a difference?

      Well there you go, that's me. I shall look forward to meeting with you all
      and contributing to your discussions, as time to write allows :-)

      All for now, have a nice day.

      Best Wishes.

      Merry we part.

      George Knowles (Man in Black).
      E-mail - George@...
      Website - http://www.controverscial.com

      Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      20:04
    • juan_tormenta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
        Hail and Welcome from across the Pond!

        George,

        Your appearance in the firament of the Pennypack Worldwide Coven is a
        fresh star seen on this New Year,s morn...

        Please, be at ease friend,

        that we may commune under eager Bacchus' aegis...

        We will have a lot to learn.....

        Abiding Peace,

        Juan Tormenta

        --- In nephillypagans@yahoogroups.com, "George Knowles" <George@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        have
        > mixed feelings on this subject. I don't disbelieve in it, but quite
        simply
        > have never tried regression. Until I do I will remain open minded.
        >
        > When the time arrives what will your epitaph say? - I have been here
        and
        > done it, but have I made a difference?
        >

        > Well there you go, that's me. I shall look forward to meeting with you
        all
        > and contributing to your discussions, as time to write allows :-)
        >
        > All for now, have a nice day.
        >
        > Best Wishes.
        >
        > Merry we part.
        >
        > George Knowles (Man in Black).
        > E-mail - George@...
        > Website - http://www.controverscial.com
        >
        > Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

        25/12/2007
        > 20:04

      • Carol Sue Tompkins
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
          Merry Meet George,
           Welcome from afar.  Our coven is eclectic pagans group.
          Blessed Be,

          Carol Sue

          There is no such thing as Can't, It's Won't
          by Evenly Wilson (My late mother)

          E-mail - George@controversci al.com
          Website - http://www.controve rscial.com

          Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          20:04

        • Brenda
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2008
            Welcome  to the group George,

            WE have a little bit of everything here. Please feel free to ask any question. I would like to learn about paganism in the UK. Is it the same there as it is here in the US? Hope you injoy the group.

            wrote:

> [...]
            have
            > mixed feelings on this subject. I don't disbelieve in it, but quite
            simply
            > have never tried regression. Until I do I will remain open minded.
            >
            > When the time arrives what will your epitaph say? - I have been here
            and
            > done it, but have I made a difference?
            >

            > Well there you go, that's me. I shall look forward to meeting with you
            all
            > and contributing to your discussions, as time to write allows :-)
            >
            > All for now, have a nice day.
            >
            > Best Wishes.
            >
            > Merry we part.
            >
            > George Knowles (Man in Black).
            > E-mail - George@...
            > Website - http://www.controve rscial.com
            >
            > Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

            25/12/2007
            > 20:04

            Blessed Be
            Brenda