Re: [neoplatonism] Re: hieroglyphs and gods

  • Frank Moliterno
    Message 1 of 59 , Jul 25, 2005
      On Jul 25, 2005, at 10:20 PM, Frank Moliterno wrote:
      Yes. This probably happened during Hellenistic times, when Plato
      visited Egypt.

      This should read "after Plato visited Egypt." And I believe that by
      the time of Philo, middle Platonism had already begun to develop,
      hence Philo's Platonic lens.

      Sorry. My training is in modern British literature rather than in
      philosophy.

      Frank

    • gregshaw58
      Message 59 of 59 , Dec 16, 2009
        Thanks Tim.

        Let me say that in the Penelope Weaving thread I found your entries to be most illuminating and I think they stirred up some fine responses all around. Great stuff.

        And thanks for getting those commentaries out at such reasonable prices

        Greg