Re: [neoplatonism] Re: RAYMOND KLBANSKY (1905-2005). CATALOGUE OF THE MONTREAL EXHIBITION

  • Georges Leroux
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 21, 2013
      DEAR FRIENDS

      As a complement to my mail of today, the official promo from the
      Bibliothèque Nationale, Georges Leroux

      Communiqué de presse

      Pour diffusion immédiate
      A Superb Catalogue Featuring the Library of Philosopher Raymond
      Klibansky

      Lavishly illustrated, Raymond Klibansky (1905-2005) ­ La bibliothèque d¹un
      philosophe is the companion catalogue to the BAnQ-produced exhibition of the
      same name. The exhibition runs at the Grande Bibliothèque until August 25,
      2013. Helmed by philosopher Georges Leroux in collaboration with McGill
      University¹s Rare Books and Special Collections Division, this exhibition
      and its catalogue highlight the bibliographic treasures of the Raymond
      Klibansky collection, one of the richest private collections in North
      America. Georges Leroux, Jillian Tomm, Ann Marie Holland, Jens Halfwassen,
      Jean-Philippe Uzel, Josiane Boulad-Ayoub, Désirée Park and Ethel Groffier
      have all contributed essays to this publication which captures the essence
      of a thinker whose intellectual, humanist and political ideals left a
      significant mark on the 20th century. Raymond Klibansky believed in the
      vitality of ideas and that one should contribute to the democratic debate.
      His library exemplifies his convictions.

      To order this catalogue and for information about payment and delivery, send
      an e-mail to boutique@.... In Québec, the catalogue is also available
      for purchase in bookshops and in other sales outlets of the Publications du
      Québec network (publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca) for $47.95. Raymond
      Klibansky (1905-2005) ­ La bibliothèque d¹un philosophe, Georges Leroux
      (dir.), Montréal, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec, 2013, 176
      p. ISBN : 978-2-551-25366-1.

      About BAnQ As the largest cultural institution in Québec and an essential
      pillar of the knowledge society, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du
      Québec (BAnQ) has the mission of offering democratic access to culture and
      knowledge. BAnQ collects, preserves, and disseminates Québec and
      Québec-related published and archival heritage. It also provides the
      services of a major public library. BAnQ encompasses the Grande
      Bibliothèque, a preservation centre (Centre de conservation) and a
      Québec-wide network of nine archives centres located in Montréal, Gatineau,
      Rimouski, Rouyn-Noranda, Saguenay, Sept-Îles, Sherbrooke,Trois-Rivières and
      Québec City, and a service point in Gaspé.

      www.banq.qc.ca/a_propos_banq/salle_de_presse/nouvelles/nouvelle.html?n_id=da
      9e3231-992e-41a8-9139-6b2931271bcc