Re: intelligible triads in Proclus

  • jensav55
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 13, 2013
      --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, Marco Bormann <marcobormann@...> wrote:

      > Thanks a lot Edward,
      >
      > I already have consulted your articles. I had found them via google.
      >
      > So I am waiting for the third one to appear.

      Marco,

      If you contact me privately (epb223@...), I'll be more than happy to give you a pre-print PDF of the third article.

      Edward Butler
      http://henadology.wordpress.com/
    • Georges Leroux
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 21, 2013
        DEAR PLATONIC AND NEOPLATONIC FRIENDS,

        I am happy to announce the publication of the catalogue of the
        exhibition that I curated in the memory of Raymond Klibansky (1905-2005). I
        was his student in the sixties, here in Montreal.

        His library of around 7,500 books is now part of the Library of
        McGill. His personal archives are in Marbach (Germany), in the Deutsche
        Literatur Archiv. A selection of 250 books and souvenirs (incuding a choice
        of letters of Cassirer, Einstein, Rickert, and others) is presented in the
        exhibition "Raymond Klibansky (1905-2005). La bibliothèque d'un
        philosophe/The Library of a philosopher", which was inaugurated last
        November and will close on August the 25th.

        Among the treasures on view, a hitherto undescribed manuscript of
        the translation of the Timaeus by Calcidius and a magnificent selection of
        Proclus, Macrobius, Nicholas of Cusa. Author of Saturn and Melancholy
        (1964), written with Erwin Panosfsky and Fritz Saxl, Klibansky also
        collected on the theme of melancholy and the exhibition presents the first
        editions of Robert Burton, as well as precious books and engravings by
        Dürer.

        Published in french, the catalogue offers a full bibliography, along
        with photographies of many pieces presented in the exhibition. It also
        contains several essays on the topics of Klibansky's research, the platonic
        tradition, melancholy and modern tolerance.

        A website put up by his wife, Dr Ethel Groffier, presents all the
        material for those who would like to know more about this great scholar.

        http://www.raymondklibanskywebpage.org/

        With all best wishes,

        DR. GEORGES LEROUX

        EMERITUS
        DÉPARTEMENT DE PHILOSOPHIE
        UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC À MONTRÉAL

      • Georges Leroux
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 21, 2013
          DEAR FRIENDS

          As a complement to my mail of today, the official promo from the
          Bibliothèque Nationale, Georges Leroux

          Communiqué de presse

          Pour diffusion immédiate
          A Superb Catalogue Featuring the Library of Philosopher Raymond
          Klibansky

          Lavishly illustrated, Raymond Klibansky (1905-2005) ­ La bibliothèque d¹un
          philosophe is the companion catalogue to the BAnQ-produced exhibition of the
          same name. The exhibition runs at the Grande Bibliothèque until August 25,
          2013. Helmed by philosopher Georges Leroux in collaboration with McGill
          University¹s Rare Books and Special Collections Division, this exhibition
          and its catalogue highlight the bibliographic treasures of the Raymond
          Klibansky collection, one of the richest private collections in North
          America. Georges Leroux, Jillian Tomm, Ann Marie Holland, Jens Halfwassen,
          Jean-Philippe Uzel, Josiane Boulad-Ayoub, Désirée Park and Ethel Groffier
          have all contributed essays to this publication which captures the essence
          of a thinker whose intellectual, humanist and political ideals left a
          significant mark on the 20th century. Raymond Klibansky believed in the
          vitality of ideas and that one should contribute to the democratic debate.
          His library exemplifies his convictions.

          To order this catalogue and for information about payment and delivery, send
          an e-mail to boutique@.... In Québec, the catalogue is also available
          for purchase in bookshops and in other sales outlets of the Publications du
          Québec network (publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca) for $47.95. Raymond
          Klibansky (1905-2005) ­ La bibliothèque d¹un philosophe, Georges Leroux
          (dir.), Montréal, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec, 2013, 176
          p. ISBN : 978-2-551-25366-1.

          About BAnQ As the largest cultural institution in Québec and an essential
          pillar of the knowledge society, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du
          Québec (BAnQ) has the mission of offering democratic access to culture and
          knowledge. BAnQ collects, preserves, and disseminates Québec and
          Québec-related published and archival heritage. It also provides the
          services of a major public library. BAnQ encompasses the Grande
          Bibliothèque, a preservation centre (Centre de conservation) and a
          Québec-wide network of nine archives centres located in Montréal, Gatineau,
          Rimouski, Rouyn-Noranda, Saguenay, Sept-Îles, Sherbrooke,Trois-Rivières and
          Québec City, and a service point in Gaspé.

          www.banq.qc.ca/a_propos_banq/salle_de_presse/nouvelles/nouvelle.html?n_id=da
          9e3231-992e-41a8-9139-6b2931271bcc