films & more

  • Tzvi Langermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2013
      Dear Colleagues,

      Richard Taylor took the trouble to videotape the presentations at last summer's Philosophy in the Abrahamic Traditions conference and now the films are available for viewing on the Marquette website. Note that they can be seen in Quicktime only!

      My own talk is about some new texts concerning the renewal of the debate concerning the Platonic ideas (muthul) in Arabic writings. I'm not a great speaker, but if you bear with me, you may find something interesting. The films can be seen here:

      http://134.48.29.151/media/a&s/philosophy/taylor/taylor_01_langermann_mu_2012.mov redir.aspx?C=zpaliW3w0kO9-5vTmkl2o1NkYvNb-c8I5S1XT59BFoqFhTtnWR1mRSPJ-avaLjZbyQi1Te1_F0w.&URL=http%3a%2f%2f134.48.29.151%2fmedia%2fa%26s%2fphilosophy%2ftaylor%2ftaylor_01_langermann_mu_2012.mov

      All of the talks can be seen by clicking on the right of the title at this site:

      http://academic.mu.edu/taylorr/The_Abrahamic_Traditions/2012_Summer_Conference_Milwaukee.html redir.aspx?C=zpaliW3w0kO9-5vTmkl2o1NkYvNb-c8I5S1XT59BFoqFhTtnWR1mRSPJ-avaLjZbyQi1Te1_F0w.&URL=http%3a%2f%2facademic.mu.edu%2ftaylorr%2fThe_Abrahamic_Traditions%2f2012_Summer_Conference_Milwaukee.html

      Finally, since I have already sinned at self-promotion, let me call your attention to a long review of the Arabic translation of Galen's On Critical Days which I wrote for Aestimatio. The journal is available here: http://www.ircps.org/aestimatio redir.aspx?C=zpaliW3w0kO9-5vTmkl2o1NkYvNb-c8I5S1XT59BFoqFhTtnWR1mRSPJ-avaLjZbyQi1Te1_F0w.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ircps.org%2faestimatio The review is unfortunately very negative. However, I am not mentioning it here to draw attention to my criticisms, but rather to some unusual Pythagorean vocabulary which I did my best to handle, towards the end of the review. Perhaps some of you may have some comments or criticisms.

      Tzvi Langermann http://http://biu.academia.edu/TzviLangermann
      http://http://biu.academia.edu/TzviLangermann