New publications

  • Tim Addey
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 27, 2013
      Readers may be interested to hear of three new publications from the
      Prometheus Trust:

      Towards the Noosphere - Futures Singular and Plural

      John M Dillon and Stephen R L Clark

      ISBN 978 1 898910 602

      This small book contains two essays which examine the broad question
      "what is to be done?" In the first, Towards the Noosphere, John Dillon
      outlines and compares the worldviews of Plotinus, Origen and Teilhard de
      Chardin to consider whether we live in an essentially static universe,
      or one that is progressing towards some end. What should be our
      response to these possible realities? In the second essay, Futures
      Singular and Plural, Stephen Clark looks at more recent worldviews from
      theoretical physicists, science fiction writers and others - often tying
      these back to traditional and mythological systems. Again, the essay
      asks how we should proceed in the light of these possibilities.

      * * * *

      A Casting of Light by the Platonic Tradition

      Adapted by Guy Wyndham-Jones

      ISBN 978 1 898910 572

      This is a little book of meditations taken from the Platonic tradition:
      the adapter has taken 88 small extracts from many Platonic writers (as
      translated by Thomas Taylor) and arranged them into verse form.
      Although there have been similar books based upon the words of Eastern
      sages, as far as I am aware this has never been done with writings from
      Platonic philosophers: the effect of highlighting profound passages in
      this way is both striking and inspiring.

      * * * *

      The Song of Proclus

      Adapted by Guy Wyndham-Jones

      ISBN 978 1 898910 626 - available from March 14th

      As in A Casting of Light, passages this time entirely from Proclus have
      been put into verse form as inspiring meditations.

      More details of the above publications can be found on the Prometheus
      Trust wesite - www.prometheustrust.co.uk

      Tim Addey
    • John Uebersax
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2013
        Hello Tim,

        Your website seems to say that you do not ship to the US or Canada.  Is there a way for us across the pond to order these?

        Best,

        John Uebersax

        >________________________________

      • Tim Addey
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2013
          Hi John - yes, we have a distributor in the US: a link to their website
          in on our "Ordering" page. Or go here:

          http://www.openingmind.net/cart/

          It normally takes us a couple of weeks to get new publications over the
          water, so I guess both the first two titles below will be available by
          mid March.

          Best wishes, Tim

          On 28/02/2013 17:11, John Uebersax wrote:

          > Hello Tim,
          >
          > Your website seems to say that you do not ship to the US or Canada.
          > Is there a way for us across the pond to order these?
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > John Uebersax
          >
          > >________________________________

        • Tim Addey
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 17, 2013
            The Prometheus Trust has just published an edition of Ruth Majercik's
            Chaldean Oracles - it is a facsimile edition of the 1989 original, which
            had become unobtainable even through the extensive web-based second-hand
            market. Our North American distributor has stocks.

            Further details available from the Prometheus Trust website -
            http://www.prometheustrust.co.uk/ under the "Texts and Translations" page.

            Tim Addey
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 17, 2013
              Truly welcome news, Tim. My photocopy is a bit ragged by now, and I have never seen this come up once online at least at Abe in years.

              Excellent, glad that you included it. I will be getting a copy soon!

              Dennis Clark

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 25, 2013
                I received my copy yesterday of the Chaldean Oracles. Very nice indeed. Great to have this and the recent fragments of Numenius now and in handsome volumes. Kudos to the Prometheus Trust for providing these!